The Crow, good or bad? - Page 5 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #41
liveevil
I Eat Brains!

liveevil is a minister of the Church of Iron Maiden.Bow to your Lord Eddie!!

In short,The Crow is one of my favorite movies of all time.One of the best villians in Michael Wincott,and Brandon Lee was just getting a nice career going.
liveevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #42
Randalicious
Rotting Corpse

Randalicious is I'm you're least favorite rapper/my release date is after/ the D- day disaster

Send a message via AIM to Randalicious

The Crow was one of me favorite films when I was a lad. Haven't seen it in a while though... still own it, just got little desire to watch it.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #43
bellis_01
Fresh Kill

bellis_01 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to bellis_01 Send a message via MSN to bellis_01

One of the best revenge flicks ever.
bellis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #44
entrail
Fresh Kill

entrail is hungry for flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilti De-walt View Post
Not a big fan, found nothing so great Im pretty picky with my movies. I mean it was good just nothing I could care for as for my girlfriend sghe loves it.
Wonder why,,,Brandon Lee is effing georgeous,,, ps an OK film the rest bad
entrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #45
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

NightmareWarrior has no status.

whoever can hate on this movie has bad taste in films. Srsly The Crow is one of the greatest movies ever made. Brandon Lee is fantastic as Eric Draven

The first Crow is a classic, the sequels are BAAAAAAAAAAD.

and I can't fucking believe they are remaking it. NOONE will top Brandon's acting as Eric Draven. The only person I would accept in the role is Tom Hardy.
NightmareWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #46
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse

Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.

I'm going to have to disagree with the people who say that this is one of the best movies ever made. There are plenty of better films out there.

That said, it's still a good movie. Plus, it holds up well over time. I watched it again a year or two ago and it hadn't lost anything that made it good back when it came out.

I think the soundtrack deserves an honorable mention as well. It's still one of my all-time favorite soundtracks. The Cure, Stone Temple Pilots, Pantera, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Helmet, My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult... Damn. Now I need to go listen to it again.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM   #47
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

I will say I am a fan of the original film due to its dark nature and soundtrack. I was at the theater on opening night with my grandpa because I was only 13 when it came out and I bought the vhs when it was released. I will also say though that Brandon Lee's performance was overrated. Sure, for what it was he did reat but it certainly wouldnt have given him this legendary status if he wasnt Bruce Lee's son and didnt die while making it. I have seen many people compare Lee and Heath Ledger. I have also seen many people say Heath would have never won an Oscar had he not died, to those people I say fuck off. The Crow will always be a good movie to me because of the time it was released was the perfect time in my life to see it but I really dont understand the cult following it has.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #48
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I will say I am a fan of the original film due to its dark nature and soundtrack. I was at the theater on opening night with my grandpa because I was only 13 when it came out and I bought the vhs when it was released. I will also say though that Brandon Lee's performance was overrated. Sure, for what it was he did reat but it certainly wouldnt have given him this legendary status if he wasnt Bruce Lee's son and didnt die while making it. I have seen many people compare Lee and Heath Ledger. I have also seen many people say Heath would have never won an Oscar had he not died, to those people I say fuck off. The Crow will always be a good movie to me because of the time it was released was the perfect time in my life to see it but I really dont understand the cult following it has.

one of my favorite movies
Jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 AM   #49
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

^ So it is my understanding that by your standards I am not allowed to have an opinion?

P.S. Post 666 bitches!
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #50
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
You just explained it's cult status. Most of the unapologetic fanboys of this film(myself included), saw it when they were kids. It was the coolest shit ever, and you will never lose the memory of how you felt after your initial viewing. I never read the comic, or had any idea of the character before hand, but when those credits rolled for the first time, I wanted to be Eric Draven. I was instantly obsessed with the character.

Sure, if I look at it today, it's a middle of the road revenge/fantasy flick, with some style. It's nothing too special. That being said, I'll always give it bonus points for having a special place in my childhood. It was the very first movie I ever owned.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote