Friday the 13th Part 2 (201?) - Page 168 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #1671
Klown
Administrator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsoor View Post
Remake was better than the original. Yeah umad!

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #1672
sarsoor
BANNED

sarsoor has no status.

Send a message via MSN to sarsoor Send a message via Skype™ to sarsoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
sarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #1673
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
...it's coming from a place of love with me. i love animals, i love psycho-killers
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #1674
HighlyTENSE
The Living Dead

HighlyTENSE is is swapping personalities.

Location: Into that void of silence, where we cry without sound....

I think they should wait a few years more, pull a MARVEL, and make a do over.... the remake wasn't horrid, but it just didn't do anything remotely new with the material. I still want to see a more indepth movie about Pamela Voorhees, a more expanded lore about the town, the campsite, Jason's father, even the superstition behind the day of Friday the 13th and such. I always thought that they short changed the plot when there is so much that can be built from it.

I still want a Friday the 13th where the killer is the mother.

I also want to do a fan fiction called Friday the 13th: a true hollywood story... with "true" being marked out with a bloody slash. It would be about a film production about the actual camp blood murders. The technical advisor would be Dr. Ginny Field, a psychologist who was also a survivor of Jason's attacks. She wrote a book about the experiences from herself along with other survivors and their testimonies. The book is what fuels the film. One of the other survivors Tommy Jarvis is the make-up fx technician hired thru Ginny's recommendations. He would be the main character again, a sort of burn out player in Hollywood who needed a job. He however has many issues with this film being made. He knows what Ginny Fields doesn't want the production staff or the media to know. That some of the survivors met with tragic ends from suicide to terminal mental illness. Ginny Fields tried to help other survivors some time ago, but was unsuccessful. Only Tommy came out ok, or did he? In any case, he doesn't like Dr. Fields too much, and feels that she's exploiting tragedy for fame and money. Another looming fear resurfaces over the entire production as well.... The movie is being shot on location at the actual campsite where the horrors of Jason really occurred. The question is, is it safe to be in Jason's woods again? Is he truly dead? This story would ignore part 5 and so on... I wanted it to be more connected to the events in part 4.

I wanted the central theme to be about post trauma, and how damaging it can really be. The karma is basically that even if you survived Jason's wrath, in the end he still kills you, he still took these people's lives away in some form or another.

and yeah there would still be plenty of murder and mayhem with quite a few twists. I just need to find the time and the courage to write it. Wanted to do it in graphic novel form.

I have an angel on my shoulder, but a devil in my head.

Last edited by HighlyTENSE; 02-24-2012 at 01:09 PM.
HighlyTENSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #1675
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan
Fresh Kill

EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is slicing and dicing

Send a message via AIM to EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyTENSE View Post
I think they should wait a few years more, pull a MARVEL, and make a do over.... the remake wasn't horrid, but it just didn't do anything remotely new with the material. I still want to see a more indepth movie about Pamela Voorhees, a more expanded lore about the town, the campsite, Jason's father, even the superstition behind the day of Friday the 13th and such. I always thought that they short changed the plot when there is so much that can be built from it.

I still want a Friday the 13th where the killer is the mother.

I also want to do a fan fiction called Friday the 13th: a true hollywood story... with "true" being marked out with a bloody slash. It would be about a film production about the actual camp blood murders. The technical advisor would be Dr. Ginny Field, a psychologist who was also a survivor of Jason's attacks. She wrote a book about the experiences from herself along with other survivors and their testimonies. The book is what fuels the film. One of the other survivors Tommy Jarvis is the make-up fx technician hired thru Ginny's recommendations. He would be the main character again, a sort of burn out player in Hollywood who needed a job. He however has many issues with this film being made. He knows what Ginny Fields doesn't want the production staff or the media to know. That some of the survivors met with tragic ends from suicide to terminal mental illness. Ginny Fields tried to help other survivors some time ago, but was unsuccessful. Only Tommy came out ok, or did he? In any case, he doesn't like Dr. Fields too much, and feels that she's exploiting tragedy for fame and money. Another looming fear resurfaces over the entire production as well.... The movie is being shot on location at the actual campsite where the horrors of Jason really occurred. The question is, is it safe to be in Jason's woods again? Is he truly dead? This story would ignore part 5 and so on... I wanted it to be more connected to the events in part 4
I like it.

Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake.
EvilDeadFridaythe13thfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #1676
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
okay, okay, jeez, relax.

first, the research comment. i have seen each friday the 13th film countless times, with the exception of part 8 and 9, where once was enuf to determine that they didn't merit lots of rewatching. parts 2, 4, and 6 are my favorites, with 1, 7, 3, and the remake bringing up the rear. i have read crystal lake memories cover to cover, as well as the interesting making of friday the 13th by david grove. not to mention, the first ish of fangoria i read was #6 with a pretty meaty story on the first movie that really tickled my 8 year old mind. i have been reading fango, gorezone, famous monsters, etc...during that time. i am confident that i am equipped to comment, intelligently, on this series, a series i might add, that i dearly love.

and y'all keep assuming, why would jason fight a bear? why would he kill a bear (all of these questions concerning jason's motivation and the plausibility of his actions are a lot of fun)? um, what if jason, who lives in the woods, had no choice? what if, while seeking refuge from the snow, jason entered a cave with a hibernating bear in it? what if jason ran afoul of a bear who had been shot by a bow hunter, and the bear was pissed and angry and dying? i assume jason eats, and i doubt he's a vegetarian, and i doubt he hits the local wawa for subs, y'know? i would imagine he hunts. maybe he killed the bears cousin, or better yet, cub? or maybe jason, being the apex predator that he is, recognizes the need to wrest his territory around camp crystal lake from an interloping bear. i don't know...but it doesn't have to be silly. i'd like to see what jason can do against a fucking animal that is stronger and meaner than him, much like the masai go off to kill lions as a rite of passage. i'm not saying make a movie called friday the 13th part 2 (or 13): jason fights fuckin bears in the snow; i'm just saying it would be cool, and--yes, you fun-loving nutjobs thirsting for logic in friday the 13th movies--a rational and reasonable extrapolation of a story about a manic who lives in the fucking woods all the time. and it's coming from a place of love with me. i love animals, i love psycho-killers. let's have the two get together, even for a brief moment.
It doesn't need to be shown. I'd be fine with an implication, such as the bones of a dead bear or remains of its body being found, but I don't want to see a stand off between Jason & a bear. It'd be beyond ridiculous no matter the reason.

And if you love animals, why would you want to see Jason kill one? Seems a bit contradictory, no?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:48 PM   #1677
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
And if you love animals, why would you want to see Jason kill one? Seems a bit contradictory, no?
i mean, i love people, but i love seeing them get killed on screen. and who says i wanna see jason kill an animal. i want to see him fight an animal.

howzabout this: after a rousing 85 minutes of wanton bloodshed and mayhem, jason, exhausted from battling this installment's final girl, heads back to wherever he calls home and runs into a bear. the bear kills jason.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #1678
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is the biggest Oscar fish in the ocean

Quote:
i mean, i love people, but i love seeing them get killed on screen. and who says i wanna see jason kill an animal. i want to see him fight an animal.

howzabout this: after a rousing 85 minutes of wanton bloodshed and mayhem, jason, exhausted from battling this installment's final girl, heads back to wherever he calls home and runs into a bear. the bear kills jason.
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:58 PM   #1679
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.
oh, c'mon everybody, lighten up. relax, i'm not scripting or directing any friday the 13th movies at this moment.

it's just that ten year-old part of me that wants to see king kong and a Tyrannosaurus rex fight. or frankenstein and the wolfman. jason and a bear. sue me.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #1680
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is the biggest Oscar fish in the ocean

Quote:
oh, c'mon everybody, lighten up. relax, i'm not scripting or directing any friday the 13th movies at this moment.

it's just that ten year-old part of me that wants to see king kong and a Tyrannosaurus rex fight. or frankenstein and the wolfman. jason and a bear. sue me.
True, but I'm pretty sure a lot of writers/directors come on this site and see what people say and I don't want them getting any weird fucking ideas from you.

Tags
friday the 13th, jason voorhees, joe lynch, slasher