Friday the 13th Part 2 (201?) - Page 176 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #1751
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

I seriously hate the remake, and consider it the worst in the entire franchise.

I'm afraid the only direction they can go now, is not a sequel but a prequel to the original Friday the 13th. The origin of Jason Voorhees. Because we don't know the entire story about how he drowned. Although, I wouldn't expect it be very good. But it might be interesting, seeing young deformed Jason going around killing Camp Counselors. Or maybe Mrs Voorhees. The potential is there.
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #1752
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

or they could just send a buncha teenagers into the woods and kill 'em...

1. return of the living dead 3 (1993)
2. shocker (1989)
3. the cat people (1942)
4. the hunger (1983)
nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #1753
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
It's much better than anything after 'The New Blood'. I actually rank it fifth best in the franchise after the first four. The Aaron Yoo kill owns.

Quote:
I'm afraid the only direction they can go now, is not a sequel but a prequel to the original Friday the 13th. The origin of Jason Voorhees. Because we don't know the entire story about how he drowned. Although, I wouldn't expect it be very good. But it might be interesting, seeing young deformed Jason going around killing Camp Counselors. Or maybe Mrs Voorhees. The potential is there.
That's a terrible idea.
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #1754
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
I really don't see how people can seriously hate this so much.

The remake has the same thing the old ones did, dumb teens doing dumb things, smoking, fucking, drinking, and then getting killed.

I really don't see how hating this movie, would be any different to hating parts 2-6. I mean it's more or less the same thing, just with a alive Jason and the whole hostage aspect. Which does make sense, he wasn't going to kill that chick in Part 2 when he thought she was his mother...

As far as I can see it, people who loathe this movie are just hating because it's a remake. These films never were intelligent (maybe bar the first one), it's not like its a story driven film. It's meant to be more of a body count focus.

It's easily the best of the remakes out of this, Nightmare and Halloween.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #1755
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
It's much better than anything after 'The New Blood'. I actually rank it fifth best in the franchise after the first four. The Aaron Yoo kill owns.

That's a terrible idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post

The remake has the same thing the old ones did, dumb teens doing dumb things, smoking, fucking, drinking, and then getting killed.

I really don't see how hating this movie, would be any different to hating parts 2-6. I mean it's more or less the same thing, just with a alive Jason and the whole hostage aspect. Which does make sense, he wasn't going to kill that chick in Part 2 when he thought she was his mother...

As far as I can see it, people who loathe this movie are just hating because it's a remake. These films never were intelligent (maybe bar the first one), it's not like its a story driven film. It's meant to be more of a body count focus.

That's where you're both wrong, as the Friday the 13th movies put a lot of effort into both characters and creating a certain atmosphere. Particularly the earlier films in the franchise. They aren't just 'dumb slasher flicks' that are only about the kills. They have a continuous story that goes up until at least Part 8... then they messed things up with that demon-hopping shit. But that's the fun with the series, in seeing Jason emerge from a drowned boy to a sack-wearing hermit to the iconic hockey mask killer we all know and love. The remake just had to pack all that into one movie with zero development and thought put into it.

The F13th movies were well made and the remake is just another soulless PD cash-in, that does not represent the spirit of the original series.
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #1756
JCU
Fresh Kill

JCU has no status.

Quote:

Maybe it's just my opinion but the actors from the earlier sequels did not come across as being cast primarily because they were a pretty face. The way some of these people acted in the remakes of Friday, Halloween and NOES was absolutely pathetic. Not saying the actors from the originals would necessarily win oscars and such but they seemed to put forth a better effort...if you will. All I see today, for the most part, is casting the pretty face regardless of acting ability. That seems to be the priority.
JCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #1757
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:

i completely agree with this.

2. shocker (1989)
3. the cat people (1942)
4. the hunger (1983)
Old 10-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #1758
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
That's where you're both wrong, as the Friday the 13th movies put a lot of effort into both characters and creating a certain atmosphere. Particularly the earlier films in the franchise. They aren't just 'dumb slasher flicks' that are only about the kills. They have a continuous story that goes up until at least Part 8... then they messed things up with that demon-hopping shit. But that's the fun with the series, in seeing Jason emerge from a drowned boy to a sack-wearing hermit to the iconic hockey mask killer we all know and love. The remake just had to pack all that into one movie with zero development and thought put into it.

The F13th movies were well made and the remake is just another soulless PD cash-in, that does not represent the spirit of the original series.
This, but forget its "slasher" tag; the remake is barely even cinema.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #1759
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

whatever. i had a great time.

2. shocker (1989)
3. the cat people (1942)
4. the hunger (1983)
Old 10-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #1760
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
The F13th movies were well made
That's one of the stupidest things I've read. Sure, I'll give 1 - 4 are well made flicks, for what they are.

5 is anything but well made, same with 6, 7, 8 and I can guess 9 and 10.

Sure, they ARE fun but they aren't what I would call a well made film, and they aren't good character driven movies for the most part. They are just made so people can see Jason doing what Jason does.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
friday the 13th, jason voorhees, joe lynch, slasher