Ridley Scott's Alien Prequel - Prometheus (2012) - Page 88 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 03-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #871
SirStoneyOfBow
It... Won't... Die...

SirStoneyOfBow is gonna jook you with his jook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
Another reason why Christopher Nolan rules. And he took it a step further by recommending people to avoid seeing TDKR in a theater using a digital projector if they could. (i need a legit imax theater to open-up close to me)
I'm seeing The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX, without doubt. Must be done Hag.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #872
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!

cubbiechris has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
For one, it makes the movie dim. That's my biggest problem. You also have to get a good seat, to fully appreciate it. The lenses on the glasses are too small in most of my experiences as well.

This is all for the "Real D" crap, in normal theatres. IMAX 3D was pretty impressive when I saw it.

Overall though, it is a gimmick, and ulimately unneccessary. At least they don't force it on people though, so whatever. As long as I have a choice, I really don't care.
It's dim because theater owners are stupid. When Avatar came out Cameron sent out a package with over 100 settings ( in any lighting condition ) for every movie theater owner that was showing Avatar.

and of course Cameron cranked up the brightness of the movie to compensate for the dimness.
cubbiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #873
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiechris View Post
It's dim because theater owners are stupid. When Avatar came out Cameron sent out a package with over 100 settings ( in any lighting condition ) for every movie theater owner that was showing Avatar.

and of course Cameron cranked up the brightness of the movie to compensate for the dimness.
No. It's dim because of the glasses. No amount of lighting will make up for the lenses being a shade dimmer than your natural eyesight.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:46 PM   #874
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
No. It's dim because of the glasses. No amount of lighting will make up for the lenses being a shade dimmer than your natural eyesight.
And because of that Cameron made the movie brighter. If you saw Avatar in 3D and took off your glasses it was overly bright. What don't you get? Yes, the glasses make it dimmer thus Cameron made Avatar brighter to compensate. The same thing Michael Bay and Scott did.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #875
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
And because of that Cameron made the movie brighter. If you saw Avatar in 3D and took off your glasses it was overly bright. What don't you get? Yes, the glasses make it dimmer thus Cameron made Avatar brighter to compensate. The same thing Michael Bay and Scott did.
Much like yourself, whenever this topic comes up, it's still DIM. I saw Avatar in 3D. It was more dim than the 2-D Blu Ray. No, it was not the theatre's fault. Crank the brightness up to 1000, and it still won't matter much when you are wearing sunglasses.

Seriously, take your lips off of Cameron's cock for two seconds, and realize that's it's always been in issue, and it has yet to be 100% corrected.

Love 3D all you want. Just don't try to tell me what I see with my own two fucking eyes, is wrong. 3D dims the overall picture, and I don't care for it. Deal with it.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #876
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Much like yourself, whenever this topic comes up, it's still DIM. I saw Avatar in 3D. It was more dim than the 2-D Blu Ray. No, it was not the theatre's fault. Crank the brightness up to 1000, and it still won't matter much when you are wearing sunglasses.

Seriously, take your lips off of Cameron's cock for two seconds, and realize that's it's always been in issue, and it has yet to be 100% corrected.

Love 3D all you want. Just don't try to tell me what I see with my own two fucking eyes, is wrong. 3D dims the overall picture, and I don't care for it. Deal with it.
Then you have a shitty theater. I don't love 3D. Most of the time I choose 2D over 3D, but if a filmmaker like Cameron or Scott makes a 3D movie I'm all over it, because they get what to do with it.

And, yet again, yes it dims the picture thus Cameron made the movie brighter to compensate. If you are at home and your light is too dim what do you do? Turn up the brightness. I feel like I'm talking to a child.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #877
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
And, yet again, yes it dims the picture thus Cameron made the movie brighter to compensate. If you are at home and your light is too dim what do you do? Turn up the brightness. I feel like I'm talking to a child.
It didn't compensate for anything. I didn't see the flick in some smokey, back alley theatre either. Like a bazillion other folks, I saw it at Silver City, in shitty Real D. It was dim, and that's all there is to it.

Let me guess, 3D isn't technically distracting either, because James Cameron said so, and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong. Right?

Old 03-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #878
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
It didn't compensate for anything. I didn't see the flick in some smokey, back alley theatre either. Like a bazillion other folks, I saw it at Silver City, in shitty Real D. It was dim, and that's all there is to it.

Let me guess, 3D isn't technically distracting either, because James Cameron said so, and anyone who says otherwise is just wrong. Right?
I don't know what to tell ya. I saw it three times in three different theaters and it was bright and crystal clear and bright.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #879
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post
Well it's always going to be a subjective matter but it's not the first thing that came to mind to me with this movie.
I don't hate 3D, but the emphasis to stick it into most new releases seems like we are being force-fed so much people will tire of it - especially if it's poorly done or unrefined.

In any case, arguing aside - I'll see this movie in any format I can see it in.
I know exactly what you mean.

While we have dudes like James Cameron, Ridley Scott, and even Martin Scorsese using 3D in amazing and innovative ways, they are wildly outnumbered by the studio people who make the decision the make every movie in 3D even if it wasn't shot in 3D... Or use proper 3D but in a film where it will clearly be used as a gimmick (the last Saw film). So while there are a handful of guys out there doing it right, they're outnumbered by the post-conversion 3D films and the new directors being given shiny equipment to make a quick buck.

Shame.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #880
mossy
It... Won't... Die...

mossy is \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post
I'm seeing The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX, without doubt. Must be done Hag.
Absolutely!! I'm lucky to have a decent IMAX theater close to me. Always a bonus for these occasions.