HorrorHound Magazine - Page 4 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Books, Magazines, Literature, etc..

Books, Magazines, Literature, etc.. Some of us really do know how to read!

Old 04-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #31
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Horrorhound wipes the floor with Fangoria. I'd say HH's only real competition is Rue Morgue.

I didn't buy the latest issue though, not really a fan of Scream.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #32
indecent actions
I Eat Brains!

indecent actions is getting the poison out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Horrorhound wipes the floor with Fangoria. I'd say HH's only real competition is Rue Morgue.

I agree. Fango has been downhill since the late 90's, but the 300th issue and the newest one I got were not half bad. Rue is hard to find around these parts. A couple of copies here and there but that's it.

Don't let the cover fool you because of the Ghostface bullshit, it's pretty solid. And I dislike Scream probably more than you.

Is he going to lose both bones?
indecent actions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #33
1428ElmStreet1428
Not Dead Yet

1428ElmStreet1428 has no status.

Issue 29 sounds pretty damn kick ass.

From their legacy:

Quote:
"We are really happy with the new redesign of the magazine which we hope you will all enjoy also. There is a diverse collection of articles in the theme of our love for the year 1981, as well as our normal features and columns with a Howling Retrospective."
1428ElmStreet1428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #34
acp35
The Living Dead

acp35 is Can't wait to meet Savini on the 14th at the Horrorfest!!!

Quote:

Actually Rue Morgue isn't competition for anyone anymore. The mag has gone to hell in a hand basket since Jovanka left it.

Piggy-backing off the attrociously bad A serbian Film to give there magizine more publicity was idiotic.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #35
menasyng
BANNED

menasyng is banned.

I really want to like this and Rue Morgue. The problem is that I can't see the point in spending money on information I can get for free online. Sure, they have articles written by good writers, but so does the internet. It is a shame that things are the way that they are in that aspect, but that's life.

I do enjoy the design of both HH and RM's website. I wish BD would have snatched the RM home page template. The icon we have and mess of a newspage is a joke.
menasyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:25 AM   #36
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp35 View Post
Actually Rue Morgue isn't competition for anyone anymore. The mag has gone to hell in a hand basket since Jovanka left it.

Piggy-backing off the attrociously bad A serbian Film to give there magizine more publicity was idiotic.

The film was getting alot of buzz at the time and they covered it. I don't see the big deal in that.

It may have dropped off a little in quality, but it's still a damn fine Horror Magaziine IMO. And a hell of alot better than Fango.

My DVD's/Blu's

Last edited by travisbickle; 04-28-2011 at 04:27 AM.
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:09 AM   #37
AYO?!
Fresh Kill

AYO?! is dancing on your grave.

Horrorhound is a very informative and fun magazine for this genre, I've been picking up issues when I can and loving them. I should probably subscribe, can't always get out to search three different book stores to see which got a couple of copies.

To me it's more aesthetically pleasing and well written than Fangoria, and Rue Morge while here doesn't seem as on the ball as some people are making it out to be, still looks better than Fangoria though.

I'll try and pick the lastest issue up and any back issues they might have, then order a subscription.
AYO?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 05:17 AM   #38
acp35
The Living Dead

acp35 is Can't wait to meet Savini on the 14th at the Horrorfest!!!

Quote:
The film was getting alot of buzz at the time and they covered it. I don't see the big deal in that.

It may have dropped off a little in quality, but it's still a damn fine Horror Magaziine IMO. And a hell of alot better than Fango.
Actually they pushed the film hard even going as far as hosting screenings of it. It just reeked of desperation.

I was pretty anti-fango for quite awhile but there quality has risen a 110% in the past few months.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #39
indecent actions
I Eat Brains!

indecent actions is getting the poison out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp35 View Post
I was pretty anti-fango for quite awhile but there quality has risen a 110% in the past few months.
Same here. I was pleasantly surpised, especially them showcasing Jack Hill and of course the aforementioned JC and Duvall interviews.

Is he going to lose both bones?
indecent actions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #40
aaronmb
Rotting Corpse

aaronmb has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYO?! View Post
Horrorhound is a very informative and fun magazine for this genre, I've been picking up issues when I can and loving them. I should probably subscribe, can't always get out to search three different book stores to see which got a couple of copies.

To me it's more aesthetically pleasing and well written than Fangoria, and Rue Morge while here doesn't seem as on the ball as some people are making it out to be, still looks better than Fangoria though.

I'll try and pick the lastest issue up and any back issues they might have, then order a subscription.
Im glad I subscibed at around issue 10, along with the back issues. At least half of the ones then are very rare and sold out quick.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote