The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series) - Page 173 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:36 AM   #1721
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
And not to mention... Spoiler> Dale hiding all the guns....WTF? Great idea.
Yeah, that was a little crazy. Dale has quickly become probably my least favorite character.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #1722
Gaear's Woodchipper
The Living Dead

Gaear's Woodchipper is just gonna stay here and listen to the wind a while, okay?

Location: Living off of grass and the drippings from the ceiling

Breaking this huge post up into two smaller ones

How long do we need to keep spoiler tags around new episode info?

Also, have there been any zombie children that they've had to kill besides the girl in the robe that Rick killed in the first episode? Just curious - where are all the dead kids?

I don't think Hershel
Spoiler Below
really snaps until after his daughters are killed in the prison?
That was who I actually thought was going to walk out of the barn, as a sympathy ploy to Hershel.

I agree with
Spoiler Below
the books not being afraid to kill off main characters at a moments notice
which is great. I think they have decides to
Spoiler Below
keep Shane around
as a voice of reason. He says what we, as an audience, is really thinking. They didn't have anyone who did that in the books.

Someone else mentioned this and I wanted to comment, but I forgot to quote - how did Dale know what Shane did to Otis? Was it just a bluff? How could he know? Just because the guy didn't want to go into detail about what would surely have been a terrifying and traumatic experience? They go from "he doesn't break every second down, that's not right" to "he must have murdered the guy". Little extreme. True, but unbelievable that Dale would know. Also, why would Dale go through so much trouble to
Spoiler Below
hide only half of the guns? He knew Rick and Andrea had guns on them to go hunt for Sophia. Did he not realize Shane could just grab one of those when they got back?

Also (so many "also's"!), I'm assuming everyone living on the farm before Rick got there (I think we've seen Hershel, Maggie, Otis, Patricia and some younger guy who called Hershel by his name, so he's probably not one of his kids) knew about the Barnbies and took part in catching/caring for them. Someone mentioned earlier that Otis
Spoiler Below
put Sophia in there
. Was the hunt for the little girl mentioned before Otis died? I can't remember. How could the people caring for the Barnbies (Patricia, giving them hobbled chickens, which is funny because you'd think chasing the chickens would give them something to "do") not think, "Hey, maybe I should check to see if the girl is one of the people in the barn?" I know it was supposed to be dramatic license or whatever, but that one little hook keeps it from being a perfect set-up for me.

Gaear's Woodchipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:03 AM   #1723
Gaear's Woodchipper
The Living Dead

Gaear's Woodchipper is just gonna stay here and listen to the wind a while, okay?

Location: Living off of grass and the drippings from the ceiling

Quote:
Am I the only one thinking that Shane has been pretty much right on the money about EVERYTHING, and yet he's portrayed as the bad guy?....
He's the only one thinking with his head and not his heart. one thing Dale was right about - he is made for this world. The others are way to emotional right now to survive out in the "wild".

Quote:
Great episode, probably the best of the season so far. And I totally did not see that ending coming. Now what is this bullshit about the show returning in Feb? Who the hell cuts off a show mid season, especially after tonight's episode.
Bastards, that's who!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxx View Post
I still like this show, but it was totally predictable. I'm glad they finally know where the hell that girl is so they can move on with the story.
As a person who's read the comics, this makes a storyline that happens with Carol later on in ther series much less believeable. Kind of throws a wrench in a bunch of storylines.

Quote:
Also I agree with the comment about Shane. Ricks wife is a total slutbag. I mean, it didn't seem like she grieved at all. Sure she had to deal with her husband being in a coma, but jesus christ, if you really loved him, you wouldnt be banging his partner...at least give it more time. Also Shane still cares about them and she is being a total bitch and Shane doesn't deserve it. Her problem is that she is pretty much ignoring the fact that she did anything wrong and that's bs.
Hindsight is 20/20. Now, I'm sure she does feel like a twiggy little whore, but at the time, she was probably looking for comfort and a connection with someone who also loved Rick. How could she ever think he would a) still be alive and, if he was, b) actually make it back to her? She knew she needed someone to protect her and her son, and she was already close with Shane, plus he was willing to step in and take on the dominant role. Having sex was probably just her stepping into the wife role with her new protector. And, like I said, wanting to feel close to someone after watching Atlanta burn.

Quote:
The only characters that I like are Shane and Daryl. I want to like Dale but he is such a bitch.
Agreed! I'm also starting to like Glenn. I'm not sure why. I feel bad that he's stuck in the middle of all of these people who want him to do/not do and he has nno one he can talk to about it without giving away secrets. I did like his reasoning for telling his friends about the Walkers in the barn. Maggie is such a bitch, though. "Why'd you waste that egg?" "I think it was rotten." *cue shit-eating grin* After what happened in the drug store, you'd think she would at least be neutral to him (since she think's he's just "Walker Bait") after he saved her ass. Why is she getting off on being such a bitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterHatterPillar View Post
...but the execution of the scene totally made a work of it's own in that aspect.
Partially quoted to not spoil the unspoilable
I agree. Even if you had guessed what was going to happen, this was a great way to build it up and lay it out. Especially with
Spoiler Below
all of the other shooters taking care of the zombies while Rick cried, but when it came down to it, he was the only one willing to shoot Sophia.
I thought that was awesome character development, and it shows what Rick will eventually become.

Quote:
People seem to complain a bunch about all the non-zombie drama in the series so far, and I agree that some of it has been pretty crap, but generally when it comes to Z- and other post-apocalyptic-fiction I find drama and the interaction in between the different survivors to be the best bit.
I find that the best zombie fiction always has the zombies only as kind of a detail - only another small part of the environment - in which the characters live in and that the primary concern is that the walking dead aren't the greater threat, themselves are. I like zombie-stuff because it's about society caving in on itself, and that the survival - of party members or other groups - in itself turns out to be more dangerous and twisted than the flesh-eating ghouls.
Albeit some of the drama has been kind of corny and dragged out, I like it and only want more.
I agree. Even movies like The Stand are great because of the interaction between the survivors. No one wants an entire movie showing people with a nasty, spew-hacking flu. Not quite the same, I know. But we would becomes zombie-jaded if they were always around. It's better when they pop out unexpectedly.

Quote:
That being said, I hope the story now can continue...
Agree! I'm also curious to hear the argument Rick will have to make to
Spoiler Below
convince the others to go back and get Hershel. And Michonne will arrive!

Quote:
Finally, I'm glad that they don't seem to be afraid to fix what didn't work in the original series.
That had always seemed so sudden to me (in the books), like an after thought. I'm glad they're fleshing it out more. It's been going on since Shane tried raping Lori at the CDC!

Gaear's Woodchipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #1724
thesassycynic
Rotting Corpse

thesassycynic is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaear's Woodchipper View Post
Someone mentioned earlier that Otis put Sophia in there. Was the hunt for the little girl mentioned before Otis died? I can't remember. How could the people caring for the Barnbies (Patricia, giving them hobbled chickens, which is funny because you'd think chasing the chickens would give them something to "do") not think, "Hey, maybe I should check to see if the girl is one of the people in the barn?" I know it was supposed to be dramatic license or whatever, but that one little hook keeps it from being a perfect set-up for me.
Exxxxxactly. Just add this to the list of things I can't fathom about this show. Come on. None of those people realized she was the same girl they were looking for? And even if they wanted to keep the barn a secret, all they had to do was tell the group something like, "Otis had to shoot a little girl just before you all showed up, and I'm pretty sure it was Sophia." They didn't have to spill the beans about their barn full of goodies in order to ease the minds (and end the search!) for the group. Bollocks.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:39 AM   #1725
Don Corleone
Rotting Corpse

Don Corleone is a big bag of douche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaear's Woodchipper View Post
Someone on this board guessed that was going to happen. To whoever it was - good job! Never would have guessed that without reading it on here first.

I think the fact that Rick has finally grown a set is a bigger surprise than the one that came out of the barn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
Spoiler Below
and if Sophia turns up in the barn,
it will make the whole farm sequence well-worth it
thank you

I think Rick HAD to be the one to quiet Sophia -
he had to re-establish his leadership role
and
to show Hershel that this business is not personal -
they could do likewise to one of their own

"I have a sentimental weakness for my children,
and I spoil them, as you can see.
They talk when they should listen."
Don Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:45 AM   #1726
thesassycynic
Rotting Corpse

thesassycynic is around.

Quote:
People seem to complain a bunch about all the non-zombie drama in the series so far, and I agree that some of it has been pretty crap, but generally when it comes to Z- and other post-apocalyptic-fiction I find drama and the interaction in between the different survivors to be the best bit.
A lot of us only complain because the first season was packed full of action. You can't go from almost all action and very little character interaction to the complete opposite in the second season without complaints from those of us who really enjoyed the first season.

Plus, I pretty much hate every character on the show now except Daryl, so I guess I don't care about the interactions between them anymore.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #1727
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Anton Crowley is losing his crackers

On the Talking Dead they mention that Otis was the one who rounded up the walkers in the area. He left immediately with Shane to help get what was needed to save Carl. He may not have had the opportunity to tell the rest of the group that he captured a little girl that he did not recognize. And since he was pretty traumatized by shooting Carl I doubt it was at the forefront of his mind.

I don't think it was poor writing. They mentioned something about the webisodes but I haven't been interested enough this season to watch them. Maybe the info is there.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:10 AM   #1728
NSZ
Fresh Kill

NSZ is taking the Impala for a joy ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Crowley View Post
On the Talking Dead they mention that Otis was the one who rounded up the walkers in the area. He left immediately with Shane to help get what was needed to save Carl. He may not have had the opportunity to tell the rest of the group that he captured a little girl that he did not recognize. And since he was pretty traumatized by shooting Carl I doubt it was at the forefront of his mind.

I don't think it was poor writing. They mentioned something about the webisodes but I haven't been interested enough this season to watch them. Maybe the info is there.
This.

It's not bad writing to fathom-

1. Hershel has Otis under orders to round up all walkers and put them in the barn.

2. She is one of the last he finds (timeline seems to cut this close, but I think it's still within the realm of possibility), and immediately is swept up by the act of shooting Carl.

Otis wouldn't have went to Hershel and reported EVERYONE he found, that would have been less believable. It is very possible that nobody (alive) knew she was in there.
NSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #1729
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
What exactly is his relationship with Andrea, cause he's acting like a jilted lover.
Well.....

Spoiler Below
In the comics they are fucking.

Dale's got game.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #1730
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Anton Crowley is losing his crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSZ View Post
This.

It's not bad writing to fathom-

1. Hershel has Otis under orders to round up all walkers and put them in the barn.

2. She is one of the last he finds (timeline seems to cut this close, but I think it's still within the realm of possibility), and immediately is swept up by the act of shooting Carl.

Otis wouldn't have went to Hershel and reported EVERYONE he found, that would have been less believable. It is very possible that nobody (alive) knew she was in there.
Exactly. I don't know why such a big deal is being made of it. All over the place I'm seeing issues and it's such a stupid detail.

They made this show just uninteresting enough for me not to care about it not returning until February. In fact I may just read the anthology I have at this point so I can enjoy what I was hoping for instead of what we got this year. I don't hate the show, I do like it, but it's just not what I had hoped.

Tags
the walking dead