The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series) - Page 196 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 02-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #1951
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Lol I think alot of the complainers here would be better off watching something like transformers where it's nothing but shiny objects thrown at the screen. Probably keep their ADD riddled mind happier.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #1952
Kizmo
Not Dead Yet

Kizmo is evidently alienating everybody

Lori in a crashed car with the window rolled down = hope for the future.

Hope for the future is all this show has lived on since sometime back in the first season.
Kizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #1953
Kizmo
Not Dead Yet

Kizmo is evidently alienating everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
Lol I think alot of the complainers here would be better off watching something like transformers where it's nothing but shiny objects thrown at the screen. Probably keep their ADD riddled mind happier.
'Tis better to have shiny objects than the un-shiny brown foul smelling objects this show slings at us week after week.
Kizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #1954
Klown
Administrator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
It's not about ADD or shiny objects, it's about annoying characters making stupid decisions. Besides Rick being a badass for 2 seconds, the show just continued from where it was.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #1955
Mr. Monkey
I Eat Brains!

Mr. Monkey is enjoying Hump Day

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Monkey

Everyone stop saying bring Darabont back as if he has been absent from the whole second season. He was on board during the first half of filming the second season. It's not like he's some savior of the show. For all purposes the first half of the second season has disappointed and most likely was his fault.

This episode was one of the better episodes of the entire season, doesn't say much but the biggest problem is they don't know how to progress the conflict. Even after the great moment of the end of the season 2 mid-season break they go back to the way things were before they opened the barn and found Sophia. THe problem with that is that moment showed that Rick was still in charge but when we come back its as if that moment didn't matter. Rick killing those people is also too soon for his character IMO. While it might make him a badass you need to remember in the shows timeline a little over a month has gone by since Rick got out of the hospital. I feel that moment robbed Rick of some serious growing up when it comes to trusting others. If they ever meet Tyrese on the show it will be much harder for me to believe that Rick will allow him to follow them. Or if the show survives I won't be able to believe that they accept the help of the travelers to DC, and the new people that came into the episode talking almost ruined the DC plot point later in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
LOL at least there be action and some horror.

the show is called 'The Walking DEAD' and this season we barely have any zombies. WTH. Where is the Horror aspect of the show? Hell bring in George Romero to direct an episode!
There have been more zombies this season than the first. I don't understand that statement at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombaddict View Post
ANd now that it's fresh in mind... The last scene was totally unnatural.

Spoiler Below
Those two randoms show up and the reaction by Rick and crew was totally nonchalant. I just had to roll my eyes. I just skimmed it again....and yeah, nobody draws a gun or anything... Don't you think the characters being on edge would make them just a little more alarmed when 2 unknowns show up?? This show seriously needs a competent director.
They need better writers. A show that is being overseen by its comic book creator and written by friends of his has not been good for the show at all. They totally blitzed over the pregnancy thing between Lori and Rick like it was no big deal and they aren't handling the tension between Shane and Rick very well at all.

Oh well. I'm still enjoying it despite the flaws
Old 02-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #1956
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is better than you

I find myself continuously tuning in despite my attempts to boycott it whenever a new episode airs. I keep coming back, but right now the only thing that is keeping me watching is my love of the comics. The show, however, is just spiralling down the shitter as it goes on.

Stakes should have been raised straight away after the mid-season break, it was a slow first half consisting of just filler episodes. And now, we return to the show with... another filler episode. 90% of the characters and their actions are totally unbelievable. Not to mention, the acting just gets increasingly hammier. Seriously, it's like watching a show decompose before your very eyes, ironic given that it's a show about zombies.

I don't know how much longer I can keep this up. I'll hold out until they get to the prison but if I'm not satisfied with how they handle it, that may very well be the last straw.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #1957
ClonedBeef
Fresh Kill

ClonedBeef is off to see the wizard

Default ...

The show's entertaining enough but the defense I hear for the lack of zombie action is substantial character development and interpersonal relationships but in my estimation that has been pretty shallow.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #1958
thesassycynic
Rotting Corpse

thesassycynic is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClonedBeef View Post
The show's entertaining enough but the defense I hear for the lack of zombie action is substantial character development and interpersonal relationships but in my estimation that has been pretty shallow.
Agreed. And you know who's been the least developed? T-Dog. I actually had to look up his (character) name last night because I didn't even remember what it was. We know personal information about every person (even Maggie), but we know almost nothing about someone who's been on the show since the second episode of the first season?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #1959
Brainfreeeeeze
It... Won't... Die...

Brainfreeeeeze is gettin greased up by lunch lady Doris

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombaddict View Post
ANd now that it's fresh in mind... The last scene was totally unnatural.

Spoiler Below
Those two randoms show up and the reaction by Rick and crew was totally nonchalant. I just had to roll my eyes. I just skimmed it again....and yeah, nobody draws a gun or anything... Don't you think the characters being on edge would make them just a little more alarmed when 2 unknowns show up?? This show seriously needs a competent director.
Yeah, it seems like they're really trying to show rick going down hill but it doesnt seem like he needs to yet. How many people in the series has he met that he couldnt/didn't trust? You'd have thought he wouldve asked Herschel and then maybe acted if they kept it up.

I still like the series. I dont totally see why people keep complaining that there needs to be more horror in a series that is essentially supposed to be more about the characters anyway. I like the fact they kept Shane around. I wonder how much say Kirkman had on that. I prefer the fact they changed some stuff up and it wasnt just a walk through of the comics.

Brainfreeeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #1960
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Still dull.

They need to get off that farm ASAP.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the walking dead