The Walking Dead (Live-Action Series) - Page 269 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #2681
Agent Panic
Fresh Kill

Agent Panic is not suffering fools lightly.

I've been reading The Walking Dead since issue #1 and I really do believe the actress playing Michonne is staying true to character.

I could understand that's she coming off as too aloof or unrelatable, but that's exactly who she is. She's yet to reveal her past on the show, but she's easier to understand in the comic. She's a loner, plain and simple.

This season already blows away last season. (Even though the end of season 2 was pretty damn good.)
Old 11-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #2682
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Why would a "loner" and a "badass" spend mucho quality time with Andrea? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I will say that the stereotyping of the characters does make them ironically memorable.

Last edited by Heathen; 11-09-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #2683
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
Why would a "loner" and a "badass" spend mucho quality time with Andrea? That makes no sense whatsoever.
It's been mentioned multiple times that Andrea "took care" of Michonne during the winter. Now, the roles are reversed.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #2684
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
It's been mentioned multiple times that Andrea "took care" of Michonne during the winter. Now, the roles are reversed.
No, it's the other way around, which is the opposite of what loners do. Even had Andrea cared for Michonne, Michonne, being the supposed true "loner," would not sacrifice her desire to be alone for months and months of intimate loyalty. It's a psychological impossibility without a life-changing mood-altering event, such as Michonne wanting to ride the blond carpet.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #2685
Sykopath
The Last Son

Quote:
No, it's the other way around, which is the opposite of what loners do. Even had Andrea cared for Michonne, Michonne, being the supposed true "loner," would not sacrifice her desire to be alone for months and months of intimate loyalty. It's a psychological impossibility without a life-changing mood-altering event, such as Michonne wanting to ride the blond carpet.
Umm, no? When Andrea was sick she basically told Michonne to leave her behind and Michonne refused because Andrea took care of her during the winter...
Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #2686
Heathen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Umm, no? When Andrea was sick she basically told Michonne to leave her behind and Michonne refused because Andrea took care of her during the winter...
Let's examine the context. Michonne rescues Andrea. Andrea hangs with Michonne and presumabley "cares for her" (i.e. makes her tea seasoned with pine nuts and tree bark) during the winter. Would a true "loner" who has things well in hand on her own want to hang out with a woman who almost got herself killed? No. So, Michonne has been mischaracterized as a "loner."
Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #2687
Sykopath
The Last Son

Quote:
Let's examine the context. Michonne rescues Andrea. Andrea hangs with Michonne and presumabley "cares for her" (i.e. makes her tea seasoned with pine nuts and tree bark) during the winter. Would a true "loner" who has things well in hand on her own want to hang out with a woman who almost got herself killed? No. So, Michonne has been mischaracterized as a "loner."
It's called television...
Old 11-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #2688
Se7en
Send... More... Paramedics

Se7en is Don Draper

Quote:
Did you ever consider that this "Badass loner" persona is all just an act to protect herself? Maybe she's a kind, gentle soul who just wants companionship.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #2689
Heathen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en XxSinzXx View Post
Did you ever consider that this "Badass loner" persona is all just an act to protect herself? Maybe she's a kind, gentle soul who just wants companionship.
Actually, that's more in line with what I've been thinking all along. The poutiness and lip-pursing is too obvious. I can't wait to see what the Guv'na does to her.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:54 PM   #2690
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

OMG!! Where is all The Walking Dead talk?

Tags
the walking dead