Black Christmas (1974) - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
Ellie Driver
Fresh Kill

Ellie Driver has no status.

Default Black Christmas (1974)

I watched Black Christmas Today for the second time,The first time i watched it,i had heard so much hype about it that my expectations were ridiculously over the top.
And expected more gore,BUT~!! this time i watched it with no expectations,older calmer,and more able to apreciate a real horror masterpiece,I found it to be extremley entertaining and scary.
The acting was superband so was the story.
The subtle death scenes were effective,even though not gory,although the unicorn death scene did have some bloody reward.It is now one of my favorite horror films,and for 1974,it was groundbreaking ,and in my opinion it was the first "When a Stranger Calls". if someone else has said this in the past, fuck u ,I know how evil u bitchs can be.

Eden Lake -9/10
Return To Sleepaway Camp- 9/10-"loved the old school feel"plus the return of Angela and Ricky..
Saw V -8/10
MBV 3D -9 1/2/ 10
The Wrestler-10/10

Last edited by Ellie Driver; 01-07-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Ellie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
Lews Therin Kinslayer
Rotting Corpse

Lews Therin Kinslayer has no status.

One of my favorites. Anyone who loves Halloween owes it to themselves to check out where Carpenter got some of his ideas.
Lews Therin Kinslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
Baby Jenks
Rotting Corpse

Baby Jenks has no status.

I liked this movie too. It's classic, and it gives me the creeps.
Baby Jenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Hilti De-walt has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie Driver
I watched Black Christmas Today for the second time,The first time i watched it,i had heard so much hype about it that my expectations were ridiculously over the top.
And expected more gore,BUT~!! this time i watched it with no expectations,older calmer,and more able to apreciate a real horror masterpiece,I found it to be extremley entertaining and scary.
The acting was superband so was the story.
The subtle death scenes were effective,even though not gory,although the unicorn death scene did have some bloody reward.It is now one of my favorite horror films,and for 1974,it was groundbreaking and the original when a stranger calls.if someone else has said this in the past, fuck u ,I know how evil u bitchs can be.
Funny thing is it took me 2 or 3 times of viewing to really appreciate what the movie was. relys striclty on plot and suspension , while you see basically no murders or any violence . Its a pure genious of a film and definite masterpiece. I said at first whats all the hype, and like I said after 2 or 3 views I do understand.
Hilti De-walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:34 AM   #5
Kevin Tudor
Not Dead Yet

Kevin Tudor has no status.

One of my favorite horror movies. Very suspenseful. Saw it for the first time Dec. 25 2004 at 3 AM and was paranoid walking up the stairs in the dark afterwards.
Kevin Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:01 PM   #6
cKy1711
Rotting Corpse

cKy1711 has no status.

Send a message via MSN to cKy1711

Awesome movie, Ellie Driver i see u have an avatar for The Burning...think you might be able to hook me up with a dvd.....please

cKy1711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:55 PM   #7
kiddcapone
BANNED

kiddcapone has no status.

The movie fucking sucks.

Yes, some of it IS creepy, but.....so what. The kills sucked. The characters sucked. The movie doesn't even tell you who the killer is or why he's killing people. The cops are ridiculously stupid. They find dead bodies in the house but never once check the attic where the killer and his 1st victim is hiding. No investigation at all, just cleaned up the bodies and left without looking around for more MISSING victims. The hero girl is ridiculously stupid. After all the death in her house she stays behind all alone when the cops leave. What girl do you know that would stay in the house after her friends are all murdered?

Outside of some creepy scenes, I can't see why the movie is held in such high reguard. The only similarites to Halloween were a few interior shots and camera angles, not much more.
kiddcapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
Kamui_X
Send... More... Paramedics

Kamui_X is Infini-Awesome!

Classic horror film. Really creepy, and I always liked that you never get to see the killer. Makes it more effective than it would have been otherwise.
Kamui_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 07:15 PM   #9
ColdCase
Fresh Kill

ColdCase has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddcapone
The movie fucking sucks.
No, it doesnt.

Quote:
Yes, some of it IS creepy, but.....so what. The kills sucked. The characters sucked. The movie doesn't even tell you who the killer is or why he's killing people.
The kills in Halloween werent any better. Do we know why Myers is killing people or why he killed his sister? No.

Quote:
The cops are ridiculously stupid. They find dead bodies in the house but never once check the attic where the killer and his 1st victim is hiding. No investigation at all, just cleaned up the bodies and left without looking around for more MISSING victims.
The cops do search the house. They even asked one detective if he wanted them to search the attic, but he said no. You dont pay much attention to what you watch huh?

Quote:
The hero girl is ridiculously stupid. After all the death in her house she stays behind all alone when the cops leave. What girl do you know that would stay in the house after her friends are all murdered?
She was exausted and passed out, so they let her rest in a house that was secure..or so they thought. There was a cop standing guard outside the house. Again you dont pay much attention do you?

Quote:
Outside of some creepy scenes, I can't see why the movie is held in such high reguard. The only similarites to Halloween were a few interior shots and camera angles, not much more.
Funny, i was thinking the same thing about Halloween.

Youre bitching and moaning about the kills in Black Christmas, but the kills in Halloween were no different. Both movies relied on suspence and atmosphere, not blood and guts.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:22 PM   #10
mehem
Fresh Kill

mehem has no status.

billy!!!!one of my top 10 favorites and pissed as hell they're doing it again...killer classic from bob clark who also did deathdream,children shouldn't play w/ dead things(clark is remaking it),porky's,and a christmas story...great first person shots(halloween was originally supposed to be a sequel),cast(kidder,martin,hussey,and saxon)and phone calls...

anyone ever notice how it's the same snowball shot in blk. christmas (first victim's father,which is classic,lose your daughter get a snowball)& a christmas story(ralph from the bully)?

on a side note i work w/ the guy who tried to help kidder that time she had her little spell in the airport...
mehem is offline   Reply With Quote