The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Page 227 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #2261
Mr. Monkey
I Eat Brains!

Mr. Monkey is enjoying Hump Day

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarsoor View Post

This makes me want to watch The Lion King again. This is too awesome!
there's a lot of great stuff for Lion King. This for instance makes me laugh so god damn fucking hard i want to cry.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:21 AM   #2262
Mr. Monkey
I Eat Brains!

FUCK!!!! AMC just fucked me over. They released early sales for TDKR in IMAX and they already sold out. Muther-Fuck! Guess it's 3AM showing for me. ugh!!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #2263
aaronmb
Rotting Corpse

aaronmb has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
FUCK!!!! AMC just fucked me over. They released early sales for TDKR in IMAX and they already sold out. Muther-Fuck! Guess it's 3AM showing for me. ugh!!!!
Really? I was expecting to see them starting until May at the earliest.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #2264
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

So, how does everyone think Nolan will end the story? I have some predictions based on the groundwork laid forth (possible spoilers if I'm right):

1. Bane will be beaten by Batman, but not Bruce Wayne as Batman. JGL, whose character, John Blake, is described as "A hard-nosed young Gotham beat cop who is secretly helping Batman to bring down the super-villain known as Bane" will become Batman.

I base this on the fact that each of the prior films there has been a big identity reveal scene. Ducard was Ra's and Gordon was the SWAT cop. Nolan likes to tie things together and this pattern will probably continue.

"If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely"

Just like Ra's al Ghul, Batman will have to take up his mentor's methods in order to continue the legend, since he will reach his physical limitations due to paralysis.

Wayne considered passing the torch in TDK, so this is inevitable.

2. John Blake's identity - I think he will be Jim Gordon Jr. There has to be a reason that the film takes place 8 years after TDK. It's enough time for little Jimmy to grow up and become a young cop.

Perhaps he changed his name to protect himself, since he would be a vulnerable target as the son of the commissioner. I assume Gordon Sr. dies, due to the scene in the trailer. With Bruce paralyzed and Gordon dead, Jr. is the natural heir to protect Gotham. I think there's a reason why he was featured more prominently than his sister in the last films, so we get a new Batman instead of Batgirl.

3. Last, and this is the biggest stretch - The formation of Justice League. Bruce Wayne will realize that he alone cannot defend Gotham perpetually. Again, taking from his mentor, Ra's, he will form his own league to counteract the constant threat of The League of Shadows, The League of Justice. I think the name will be in honor of Rachel, who taught him the difference between revenge and justice. I don't think we'll see Superman or The Flash, but I think this concept will be introduced somehow at the end of the story.

Thoughts, objections?

Last edited by Dr. McStuffin; 01-14-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #2265
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

There will be no passing of the torch. Nolan and Bale are done with the franchsie so it's going to end with no possibility of continuing with the storyline that they created. Nolan wants to wrap his trilogy up solid.

Warner Bros are planning to reboot the series so it'll be a completely fresh start and not endless sequels.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #2266
Warpath
Fresh Kill

Warpath is pulling the plug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
There will be no passing of the torch. Nolan and Bale are done with the franchsie so it's going to end with no possibility of continuing with the storyline that they created. Nolan wants to wrap his trilogy up solid.

Warner Bros are planning to reboot the series so it'll be a completely fresh start and not endless sequels.
While I like all the possible outcomes capecep posted this right here will be the case. Perhaps with a reboot if there is anything having to do with The Justice League it will come at that time.
and Scott Nails.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #2267
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
While I like all the possible outcomes capecep posted this right here will be the case. Perhaps with a reboot if there is anything having to do with The Justice League it will come at that time.
Let me clarify...I don't think this passing of the torch will be for the sake of sequels or spin-offs. I think these events will happen in the confines of this film, in order to complete this story arc. It's not a too far fetched speculation. In the comics Gordon's daughter became Batgirl. In the Knightfall story, after Bane broke Batman's back, someone else became Batman temporarily. I just have the sneaking suspicion that Nolan will mesh these two ideas into one, within this movie.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #2268
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecep View Post
Let me clarify...I don't think this passing of the torch will be for the sake of sequels or spin-offs. I think these events will happen in the confines of this film, in order to complete this story arc. It's not a too far fetched speculation. In the comics Gordon's daughter became Batgirl. In the Knightfall story, after Bane broke Batman's back, someone else became Batman temporarily. I just have the sneaking suspicion that Nolan will mesh these two ideas into one, within this movie.
That's fair enough but I don't see it happening.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the movie.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #2269
Mr. Monkey
I Eat Brains!

Instead of a reboot I want a television show that explores the 8 years in between TDK and TDKR.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #2270
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
Instead of a reboot I want a television show that explores the 8 years in between TDK and TDKR.
I can see DC doing like an animated movie to fill that gap.