The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Page 267 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #2661
SHAPE
The Last Son

SHAPE is doing nothing.

Looking to pick up the Steel Back at Best Buy as soon as I get the cash together. I'm going for that, or the Broken Bat Cowl. The Steel Back has a doc I want but that Broken Cowl looks badass.

The digi doesn't look like it's worth a shit.
SHAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #2662
SHAPE
The Last Son

SHAPE is doing nothing.

The Dark Knight Rises rules. I don't get all the hate. I was intrigued the whole time just as much as with The Dark Knight.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #2663
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I'll finally be seeing TDKR tonight, so I'll judge then
Wow; I'm surprised you held out this long.

Quote:
I think my personal fave of theirs, is Prometheus. Noomi Rapeface.....
I've only seen the one Rusted just posted but I did see Red Letter's review of "Prometheus" which is great. Another easy mark.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Lincoln Lawyer - 7/10
The Fog - 9.5/10
Ted - 6.5/10
Escape From New York - 9.5/10
Chloe - 5.5/10
Sea Hag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #2664
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
I'll finally be seeing TDKR tonight, so I'll judge then, but I'm sure they're bang on with their criticisms.

You didn't see it in theater?! Wow, well then, you are in for a treat after all those spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Oh hey look! Kitty got claws!
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #2665
SHAPE
The Last Son

SHAPE is doing nothing.

Well, Heretic, unless you have a projection screen and 7.1 surround sound system (like I do), I doubt you're going to get the full experience of the movie. It's a better experience in theaters than on a regular flat screen with regular sound. Of course it doesn't change the movie any but sound and picture quality play a big role in why I love this movie so much. Call me crazy, call me insane, but I personally pick TDKR over TDK. Granted the villain is weaker (nothing can top The Joker), the story, overall, is better and the ending gave me goosebumps like I've never had before. But check it out for youself and let us know what you think.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #2666
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

The honest trailers do pick apart good movies. They even made The Avengers look a bit shit but in this case their observations are bang on.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #2667
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is being excellent

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
I think that's the point. It's comedy, not professional film journalism.
Yeah I suppose I just don't find them funny.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #2668
SHAPE
The Last Son

SHAPE is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
The honest trailers do pick apart good movies. They even made The Avengers look a bit shit but in this case their observations are bang on.
In ANY case they're "bang on", then. Believe me, TDKR isn't the only movie to have flaws. I think the problem is is that everybody was expecting something out-of-this-world when it comes to this movie and a lot of people were let down after seeing it, but I'm not one of them. I thought this movie accomplished exactly what Nolan wanted; a great finishing movie to his trilogy, and in my opinion it was JUST that.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #2669
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
In ANY case they're "bang on", then. Believe me, TDKR isn't the only movie to have flaws. I think the problem is is that everybody was expecting something out-of-this-world when it comes to this movie and a lot of people were let down after seeing it, but I'm not one of them. I thought this movie accomplished exactly what Nolan wanted; a great finishing movie to his trilogy, and in my opinion it was JUST that.
I think people were let down because of how good the last flick was. There was just no way in hell this movie could have been as good as the Dark Knight.
I personally love this movie. It's so dark and bleak, and just leaves you with a feeling of hopelessness. I think it was the perfect way to go out.
the movies from best to worst: the Dark Knight > the Dark Knight Rises > Batman Begins.
This is my favorite film trilogy of all time. (although that would probably would have gone to the Alien trilogy if the studio hadn't fucked with part 3 so much.)

Last edited by Justin_Voorhees; 12-04-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #2670
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Of course every movie has flaws, but after two perfect installments the flaws in this one are very, very obvious. The previous two movies are extremely tight, yet this one is all over the place in terms of pacing, the absence of the title character hinders the film even further and add to that way too much screen time on supporting characters who shouldn't have even been introduced slow it down even more. The action scenes though were pretty cool.