The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Page 275 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #2741
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Rewatch the movie, man. It explains the whole scenario near the beginning when Alfred is telling Bruce he wishes he would move on.
The point I made is sure Alfred can imagine Bruce at that Cafe but Selina Kyle was with him why would Alfred imagine her with him when she was alive if it's a nod that he's dead. It kinda proves he survived if she was with him.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #2742
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...
 
Heretic's Avatar
Heretic is up to shenanigans
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 15,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
The point I made is sure Alfred can imagine Bruce at that Cafe but Selina Kyle was with him why would Alfred imagine her with him when she was alive if it's a nod that he's dead. It kinda proves he survived if she was with him.
I don't think the ending was ambiguous at all. Where is everyone getting this "possible dream sequence" from? There was nothing to suggest such a thing. Sounds like an excuse for the impossible scenario of Batman escaping a nuclear explosion in less than five seconds.

Like you said, why would Alfred dream up Kyle with Bruce? I think it's pretty clear that Bruce is living his life abroad.
__________________



Last edited by Heretic; 12-07-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #2743
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I don't think the ending was ambiguous at all. Where is everyone getting this "possible dream sequence" from? There was nothing to suggest such a thing.

Like you said, why would Alfred dream up Kyle with Bruce? I think it's pretty clear that Bruce is living his life abroad.
Exactamundo! So few flaws though I just really hope the reboot or robin sequel won't take a decade to produce.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #2744
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...
 
Heretic's Avatar
Heretic is up to shenanigans
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 15,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Exactamundo! So few flaws though I just really hope the reboot or robin sequel won't take a decade to produce.
Robin spinoff? I don't even think Francis Ford Coppola could sell that to a studio.

If I had my way for a reboot, I'd reach out to the Batman: The Animated Series, and Arkham City guys, to pen it. Those guys know Batman better than anyone.
__________________


Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #2745
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse
 
bloodydollface's Avatar
bloodydollface is a shithead
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
I would doubt it. All the bomb testing in the Pacific never did, and when an undersea quake sets on off an alert, it seems to me you hear of fault lines hundreds or even a few thousand miles long.

The two bombs on Japan made craters only like 600 Yards across and started fires up to 7 miles away (just heard the stats a few days ago somewhere and still remembered them) so not that big an area compared to a quake really.
Fair enough. I don't know much about nukes, it'd just seems like one that close would do something. If nothing else maybe just the fallout from it.
__________________
bloodydollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #2746
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead
 
Justin_Voorhees's Avatar
Justin_Voorhees has no status.
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ont Canada
Posts: 3,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Robin spinoff? I don't even think Francis Ford Coppola could sell that to a studio.

If I had my way for a reboot, I'd reach out to the Batman: The Animated Series, and Arkham City guys, to pen it. Those guys know Batman better than anyone.
THIS RIGHT FUCKING HERE!!!!

I love this franchise but just imagine what Paul Dini and Bruce Timm could come up with. I really wish WB would get these guys to do all DC adaptations in the future.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #2747
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Robin spinoff? I don't even think Francis Ford Coppola could sell that to a studio.

If I had my way for a reboot, I'd reach out to the Batman: The Animated Series, and Arkham City guys, to pen it. Those guys know Batman better than anyone.
David S Goyer would probably pen the screenplay and Joseph would probably be open to returning as Robin i'm just saying I would watch it!

As far as the reboot that's right on Bruce Timm is amazing.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #2748
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...
 
Heretic's Avatar
Heretic is up to shenanigans
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 15,350
Default

Even Micheal Caine believes the Cafe scene is legit.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/0...es-final-scene

Enough of this dream sequence nonsense.
__________________


Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #2749
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead
 
Justin_Voorhees's Avatar
Justin_Voorhees has no status.
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ont Canada
Posts: 3,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Even Micheal Caine believes the Cafe scene is legit.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/12/0...es-final-scene

Enough of this dream sequence nonsense.
I'm just going off what both Nolans said about the ending. They both say it's up to the viewer to decide what happened.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #2750
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead
 
Justin_Voorhees's Avatar
Justin_Voorhees has no status.
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ont Canada
Posts: 3,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Sounds like an excuse for the impossible scenario of Batman escaping a nuclear explosion in less than five seconds.
He obviously wasn't in it as it was carrying the bomb. Remember the auto pilot was fixed. Also wasn't there more than one "bat"?
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC