The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - Page 287 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 12-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #2861
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Because ALL three movies have the same problems. If you can't admit that then I think you genuinely want to hate this movie.
There aren't any flaws in the first two films as glaring as what's been listed in this thread. You can point out some nitpicky ones but none of which encompasse whole sections of each respective film like this one does. I know for a fact that there wasn't anything in BB & TDK which caused me to laugh in disbelief and worse yet, cause the utter indifference I felt when watching this.

And you actually think I want to hate this? I've been made fun of on here for how much praise I've given Nolan over the years. Read the early posts in this thread. I was championing the thing from the get.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Fog - 9.5/10
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10
Thunderbolt And Lightfoot - 7.5/10
Assault On Precinct 13 (76) - 9/10
The Avengers - 8.5/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #2862
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
haha I should have corrected myself with a 'selfish opinion'.
No you shouldn't of. I didn't take offense nor did it hurt my feelings We're on a movie internet forum for christ sakes.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Fog - 9.5/10
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10
Thunderbolt And Lightfoot - 7.5/10
Assault On Precinct 13 (76) - 9/10
The Avengers - 8.5/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #2863
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate High View Post
Exactly.

I was never a Nolan/Batman fanatic which is probably why I don't care about/obsess over the "lapses in logic". That said, while we're on the subject of flaws, it amazes me how how everyone is so fixated on the aforementioned when, at least to me, the most glaring chink in the armor is the twist. It's terrible, possibly one of the most unnecessary, forced, twists of all-time.
Feels like an (extremely) desperate attempt to make the film seem more cerebral than it really is, to elevate it "above" it's predecessors(before Nolan came on).
I didn't mind the twist, but I thought the R'as Al Gul and the LOS implementation was just poor overall. I was expecting Bane to be born out of The Lazerous Pit. Something supernatural, but he was just some tough brute. There was really no reason why he was so much better than Batman. Even his mask had no real purpose, other than killing the pain in his disfigured face. I thought it would be pumping some super steroid into his system, or something to make him that powerful. Something for Batman to work around, or exploit, but nope. There was no explanation as to why he was such an unstoppable badass in the sewer, but then such a pushover at the end.

Last edited by Heretic; 12-12-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #2864
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
There aren't any flaws in the first two films as glaring as what's been listed in this thread. You can point out some nitpicky ones but none of which encompasse whole sections of each respective film like this one does. I know for a fact that there wasn't anything in BB & TDK which caused me to laugh in disbelief and worse yet, cause the utter indifference I felt when watching this.
The flaws in the first two films are just as glaring as the ones in TDKR, I know that for a fact because I've argued about them over at OHMB(Official Halloween Message Board) with one of the most knowledgeable members I've ever met on these things. Just because you didn't notice them doesn't mean they're not there. This one just gets the most nitpicking because it was hyped so much that, to most, it was a letdown. But I'm not one of those people. I think it was the perfect ending to one of the greatest trilogy's ever, and NOTHING anybody says is going to change my opinion about that. As I'm not going to try and change yours. People view movies differently. If everybody viewed them the same we wouldn't need a message board. haha

Quote:
And you actually think I want to hate this? I've been made fun of on here for how much praise I've given Nolan over the years. Read the early posts in this thread. I was championing the thing from the get.
You might not want to hate this movie but it seems as if you try to dislike it by not looking past the flaws that all movies acquire. Even the appraised Star Wars movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
No you shouldn't of. I didn't take offense nor did it hurt my feelings We're on a movie internet forum for christ sakes.
I can say you are ONE, of not many, on this board that don't take offense to other people opinions or obscene posts.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #2865
bloodydollface
Rotting Corpse

bloodydollface is a shithead

Quote:
Are you that dense? We KNOW Bruce is still alive because we see him sipping on some tea and eating a bagel. I don't think it could be anymore clearer. I wouldn't think anybody (yes, even you) would need an interview to tell you that what Alfred saw was real. If you do, I think you need to re-watch this movie.
No. You see a scene of Bruce sipping on some tea and eating a bagel. There's no words exchanged, there is no point of view from Bruce or Hathaway, only Alfred. Alfred could only be seeing what he wants. Maybe Bruce finally found peace in death knowing he saved a bunch of people. Maybe that's what Alfred saw/imagined. Just because it's on-screen doesn't mean it's complete truth within the film's storyline. The viewer has to decipher things for his/her self once in a while. So what if the interview says he survived, nothing in the movie states that he survived. If you want to think he survived (like yourself) that's fine, if you don't think he did, that's fine too. It's up to the viewer. It shouldn't take an interview outside the film to tell what truly happened to Bruce.

I don't see why my idea seems so farfetched to you... It's nothing new to cinema, and it's apparent in this film, there is no clear answer. I just don't know how you can draw a clear understanding from that scene.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #2866
oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
There was no explanation as to why he was such an unstoppable badass in the sewer, but then such a pushover at the end.
This is probably what pisses me off the most. However he still whacks Batman away like he is nothing in a few bits, like when he is trying to fix his mask, and the scene where he has Bats up against the pole just hammering away with crazy speed is fucking cool.

Apart from that he wasn't an obstacle at the end.

1. Rush (2013)
2. SalÚ, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)
3. Django Unchained (2012)
4. Eraserhead (1977)
5. The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976)
6. Once Were Warriors (1994)
7. The Penalty (1920)
8. Antiviral (2012)
9. Island of Lost Souls (1932)
10. A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984) Wes Craven
oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #2867
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Maybe it's an Inception crossover and Bruce has just gone deeper and is waiting for Ellen Page so they can eat lunch together...
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #2868
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodydollface View Post
No. You see a scene of Bruce sipping on some tea and eating a bagel. There's no words exchanged, there is no point of view from Bruce or Hathaway, only Alfred. Alfred could only be seeing what he wants. Maybe Bruce finally found peace in death knowing he saved a bunch of people. Maybe that's what Alfred saw/imagined. Just because it's on-screen doesn't mean it's complete truth within the film's storyline. The viewer has to decipher things for his/her self once in a while. So what if the interview says he survived, nothing in the movie states that he survived. If you want to think he survived (like yourself) that's fine, if you don't think he did, that's fine too. It's up to the viewer. It shouldn't take an interview outside the film to tell what truly happened to Bruce.

I don't see why my idea seems so farfetched to you... It's nothing new to cinema, and it's apparent in this film, there is no clear answer. I just don't know how you can draw a clear understanding from that scene.
It's apparent you are that dense. haha

I guess the scene where the employees tell Fox that it was Bruce who fixed the auto-pilot wasn't clear enough. I guess John Blake discovering the Bat Cave wasn't clear enough (who do you think left him that "mail"? Batman knew before hand he was going to have to carry his bomb off into the sunset. ). I guess Alfred seeing Bruce with Selina (who's alive) wasn't clear enough. And I guess Alfred (Michael Caine) himself telling you it WAS real isn't clear enough.

I honestly don't know where there isn't a clear answer. You're being completely irrational.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #2869
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
This is probably what pisses me off the most. However he still whacks Batman away like he is nothing in a few bits, like when he is trying to fix his mask, and the scene where he has Bats up against the pole just hammering away with crazy speed is fucking cool.

Apart from that he wasn't an obstacle at the end.
Why? It was fairly obvious that the reason Batman got beat down was because he was gone for 8 years and was rusty at things.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #2870
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

You are still discussing it? Cmon....

Santa is online now   Reply With Quote