What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3818 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #38171
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Onibaba
As part of the Criterion Hulu presentation, I gave this finally a go. Superb and atmospheric horror tale of two women and a man, who happens to survive a nearby war, leaving the husband of the young girl dead on the battlefield. Envy and resentment sets in, when the man takes the widowed girl, launching strange and horrifying events.

8/10

Carnival Of Souls
Another great entry in the Hulu/Criterion weekend. This was another classic watch, equipped with a great leading actress and awesome organ score. This was/still is the blueprint for all movies claiming the am I really dead? concept. This is the real deal!

9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - 10/10

This is easily, EASILY, my favorite Tim Burton movie. It is also his darkest and most cynical movie. Sure there are humorous moments, but the final 20 minutes of this musical are ugly, tragic, and extremely bleak. I remember seeing this in theaters and I was left emotionally drained when it was over. For me, this is Depp's best performance and it stands as my favorite musical of all time (between this and Moulin Rogue!). An absolute gut-punch with plenty of grisly imagery and violent scenes. I get these songs stuck in my head for days after watching it, the soundtrack is always on rotation for me. Many people will have their complaints with the usual Tim Burton flair the movie has (pale characters, some oddly cartoony CGI... although there is very little CGI in the movie at all, etc...). One of my absolute favorite movies ever.
I liked the imagery...they were eye-popping and damn realistic. But once they opened their mouths for singing, it was over for me. I can't stand musicals except My Fair Lady or The Sound Of Music. I always have a hard time enduring a singalong movie.
I give Sweeney Tood credits for its visuals, but Johnny Depp...he really can't sing. He should stick to his guns...acting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftychicka View Post
Santa Sangre 8/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Apocalypse Now - 5/5

Haven't seen the original cut in years because redux is everywhere, but with the blu ray you get both cuts so decided to go with the original. So much better than redux. Redux just proves that editing is needed for a reason. The scenes with the bunnies and the plantation just add extra flab that isn't needed at all. The original cut is much tighter and keeps the focus on Willard and his crew as they go on the hunt for Kurtz.

Watching this it's easy to see why it was such a complicated shoot. No CGI helicopters and explosions here. It's all done for real and having to orchestrate those scenes must have been a nightmare, so kudos to Coppola for pulling it all off. This film really is a classic of 70's cinema and is still a powerful experience.

The blu looks great. For a film as old as this the restoration is beautiful, especially the night time scenes which really pop.
It is one of the most powerful films of all time. Terrible accidents (and deaths) included in the making of this iconic beast and a director who almost suffered nervous breakdown. Do you know the legendary documentary "Hearts of Darkness"? That would have been a great addition in your last All Genre Draft list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post

The Babysitters

Was on late last night, after reading about it I wanted to watch some little 18 year old sluts. It's about babysitters who start fucking the dads for extra cash. It wasn't really all that bad in the end.

And that ending was like

I've seen worse done with more. 6.5/10
You horny little fucker, watching 16 year old something girls getting fucked by married men. I always knew that you are a dangerous man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Oh hey look! Kitty got claws!

Last edited by Santa; 02-16-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #38172
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee

Goon - 9/10

Our Idiot Brother
- 9/10
Old 02-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #38173
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
I don't want to critizice your issues with Skyfall etc. It is just, if you want to deconstruct and "mislabel" a movie being unoriginal because of plagiarism in times like these (remakes, neverending franchises, adaptions), you will most likely succeed.
Criticize away. Maybe I am daft in my de-construction. I like to hear from all sides.

Quote:
I didn't much think about it, but once the Dark Knight and Lecter comparisons popped up...damn, this is indeed very intriguing, at least the one with the Joker.
Be aware, the second watch will prolly solidify your reservations.
My second watch only solidified how cold and distant it was. I turned my "nit-picking" radar off, and I found that it's just kind of boring overall. Lots of dialogue, without much of a punch.

Quote:
I only had an issue with the Bond girl. Bitch got wasted too fast, I am a sucker for the interactions between Bond and his female preys. But ok, no Bond will ever surpass the coldness of Timothy Dalton towards his girls. He was just too damn awful in that league.
The definitely need to spice it up in the next picture.
Yeah, I was impressed and then kind of let down, at the absence of a true Bond girl. I'm not one for romance in movies, but when all is said and done, I wish there was a little more smooching in this one, and I also missed the overall drive and importance of a Bond girl here.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #38174
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Friday the 13th (2009) - 9/10
House of 1,000 Corpses - 7.5/10
The Devil's Rejects - 9.5/10
John Carpenter's Halloween - 10/10
Jason Goes To Hell - 3/10
Old 02-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #38175
Deadly Fiend
Demigod

Deadly Fiend has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
John Carpenter's Halloween - 10/10
Jason Goes To Hell - 3/10

JGTH fuckin' rules with the commentary. I've grown to like it much more than JTM and JX.
Rambo: First Blood Part II

fridaythe13th77.filmaf.com letterboxd.com/Lane
Deadly Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #38176
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is BLAST HARDCHEESE!!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Howling VI: The Freaks (1991)-7/10

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #38177
Colonel Cinematic
The Living Dead

Colonel Cinematic is the real Slim Shady.

The Jeffery Dahmer Files - 5.5/10

Really intriguing, but ultimately extremely flat and empty. Doesn't offer anything new to the story, but It's worth a watch if you're really into true crime and documentaries.
Colonel Cinematic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #38178
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower - 9/10

Just watched this and I am very impressed. It was much better than I anticipated. Great acting from everyone. I was pretty impressed with the soundtrack as well. I would highly reccomend this to everyone here who has not seen it yet.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #38179
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is being excellent

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post

Just watched this and I am very impressed. It was much better than I anticipated. Great acting from everyone. I was pretty impressed with the soundtrack as well. I would highly reccomend this to everyone here who has not seen it yet.
I agree, it was surprisingly outstanding. Not at all the angsty teen drama I thought it was going to be.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #38180
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
I agree, it was surprisingly outstanding. Not at all the angsty teen drama I thought it was going to be.
Fantastic film. I do wish they weren't so vague with the
Spoiler Below
child molestation thing, though.