The Amittyville Horror: The Lost Tapes - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
phantomstranger
Fresh Kill

phantomstranger is somewhere, out there in the dark

Default The Amittyville Horror: The Lost Tapes

Dimension, Miramax to Investigate Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes
Source: Shock Till You Drop
May 14, 2011

Dimension Films and Miramax today announced the production of The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes.

This is the first film to be produced under the agreement between Miramax and The Weinstein Company to create sequels to some of Miramax's various properties.

Dimension also announced that it has acquired the rights to a new screenplay for the film by Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands (Never Sleep Again, Halloween 6). Farrands and La Scala are also set to direct the film.

Production will commence this summer with a release date scheduled for January 27, 2012.

The latest chapter in the Amityville saga showcases the events after the time of the original "The Amityville Horror" book and movie through found footage dating back to 1976. An ambitious female television news intern, on the verge of breaking the most famous haunted house case in the world, leads a team of journalists, clergymen and paranormal researchers into an investigation of the bizarre events that will come to be known as The Amityville Horror...only to unwittingly open a door to the unreal that she may never be able to close.

"We are thrilled to return to the mythology of The Amityville Horror with a new and terrifying vision that will satisfy our existing fans and also introduce an entirely new audience to this popular haunting phenomenon," said Bob Weinstein.

The Amityville Horror: The Lost Tapes is being produced by Jason Blum (Insidious), Casey La Scala and Daniel Farrands.

Prior to MGM's money woes, there were talks of a film called The Amityville Tapes. Neil Marshall Stevens was scripting that film which appeared to have dissolved while the studio worked out its financial problems. I have to wonder where this will put The Amityville Legacy, currently being developed at Hannibal Classics.
phantomstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:51 PM   #2
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

I can no longer tolerate the found footage conceit.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Can't say I'm overly interested.
3: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2
4: The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug
6: The Matrix
5: Forrest Gump
7: Bram Stokers Dracula
8: Basic Instinct
9: Dallas Buyers Club
10: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
"We are thrilled to return to the mythology of The Amityville Horror with a new and terrifying vision that will satisfy our existing fans and also introduce an entirely new audience to this popular haunting phenomenon," said Bob Weinstein.
Should be rather this:

Quote:
"We are thrilled to return to spoil another horror franchise such as is The Amityville Horror with an again boring and meaningless vision that will bore existing fans to death and also scare an entirely new audience off to this popular haunting phenomenon."
Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen
I can no longer tolerate the found footage conceit.
Me too.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

This is just a cash in on the name. They stuck Amittyville in the title for the $ and they can make a "found footage" movie alot cheaper then a regular movie .. this is a soulless "sequel". They're just hoping they can make this for probably under 10 mil and make a killing off it like some people have been doing lately with PA and Insidious.

I'll pass.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
C. Carmelon
BANNED

C. Carmelon is admitting he shot the sheriff, but he did not shoot the deputy.

Should be better than the remake-I'm in. I'm not the biggest fan of the series, so do take my view with a grain of salt, but I'm intrigued as to see what they'll do differently here.
C. Carmelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:54 AM   #7
CastleGrapsOwner
Not Dead Yet

CastleGrapsOwner has no status.

I am quite curious to see this, because I am a fan of the Amityville saga. Although, in recent years, the found tape trick it's becoming an abused topic.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:14 AM   #8
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Honestly, one of the worst horror movie franchises ever! All of these films have ranged from mediocre to terrible, and like DB said, this just sounds like a knock off cash-in. I couldn't be less interested.
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
FrightmareUK
Not Dead Yet

FrightmareUK is si KUeramthgriF

Send a message via AIM to FrightmareUK Send a message via MSN to FrightmareUK

Ill remain guarded but I am interested in this.
FrightmareUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
BrotherofTears
Rotting Corpse

BrotherofTears has no status.

I'm interested to see how this turns out, but it very well could be just another cash in. The involvement of Daniel Farrands makes me hopeful though. I love Halloween 6 and loved his concept for a sequel to the original Amityville that never came to fruition. On the other hand, this is Dimension we're talking about and we all know he's had trouble with them in the past. Hopefully more info will come soon.

Movies recently seen:

The Boneyard- 6/10
Clash of the Titans '10- 8/10
The Exorcist- 10/10
Wrath of the Titans- 7/10
Zombie- 8/10
BrotherofTears is offline   Reply With Quote