Leatherface 3D / Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 10-09-2009, 11:13 AM   #21
Alkaline
It... Won't... Die...

Alkaline has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebopman182 View Post
I mean seriously hollywood, are you so in doubt of your skills as film makers that you have to lean back on the crutch of a gimmick? 3D doesn't make up for bad direction, storytelling, or characters and if the movies suck as 2D then why in the fuck would they work in 3D? It's a stupid assumption
It's not a question of doubt, they just don't care. The movie industry is a business, first and foremost, and they'll continue to stick with whatever formula makes them money. Look at the Saw franchise...

Again, just don't watch them. You'll only have yourself to blame.
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #22
acp35
The Living Dead

acp35 is Can't wait to meet Savini on the 14th at the Horrorfest!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebopman182 View Post
To all thje above comments I have to say this, 3D when used correctly is nice but seriously LEATHERFACE! For the love of Jesus no. I mean Jason it'll work, Freddy it could possibly work, the visuals could be great for Hellraiser, but Good lord, Halloween, American Werewolf In London, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre? No, I'm sorry, it's fucking retarded. I enjoy fun movies just as much as the next guy and I loved My Bloody Valentine but 3D is a gimmick that needs to be stopped right now! I mean seriously hollywood, are you so in doubt of your skills as film makers that you have to lean back on the crutch of a gimmick? 3D doesn't make up for bad direction, storytelling, or characters and if the movies suck as 2D then why in the fuck would they work in 3D? It's a stupid assumption
Remember the wheelchair scene where Leatherface just pops up. Ok now imagine that in 3-D. How about the scene at the table.

Any scene focusing on Leatherface and the chainsaw.

No..no it doesn't need to be stopped it just has to be done right. Horror films and fantasy/sci-fi work best for this format.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:35 AM   #23
Guywiththegun
Rotting Corpse

Guywiththegun has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Guywiththegun

I don't see a problem with 3D as long as it isn't used just to cover up an otherwise shit movie. And I'm smiling a bit knowing a big horror franchise like TCM can move to new owner . . gives me hope for the others, like Halloween maybe moving into competent hands.

By the way, can I say how much I appreciate being able to fucking swear, and bitch and moan, and fucking swear some more on this site?? God damn I'm tired of other legacy and their bullshit.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #24
Cannibal Rapist
Rotting Corpse

Cannibal Rapist is raping, then cannibalizing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBearIsNekromantik View Post
That did not make sense, you were not alive when it came out, yet you saw it in theaters as a kid? Was it rereleased?

But anywho.

It only seems good when it's in theaters as was the case with My Bloody Valentine 3-D.

At home it just sucks unless you got a GOOD tv and not a shitty one like I have in my room me and my gf tried to watch it last weekend and had to stop it because we both got killer headaches.
I didn't see it when it was first released in the 80s.

They were playing 3D horror movies at this old theater in Toronto some years back, and that's when I saw it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffin Bloood View Post
I just wanted to point out the irony of you calling them mean while proudly sporting an image of a naked impaled girl on your forearm.
Cannibal Rapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #25
DeathinFire
Fresh Kill

DeathinFire has no status.

i dont know what to think about when it comes to the TCM in 3d...it just doesnt seem to fit it but it could always work out

www.myspace.com/warofwrath
DeathinFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:57 AM   #26
sarsoor
BANNED

sarsoor has no status.

Send a message via MSN to sarsoor Send a message via Skype™ to sarsoor

People you don't have to watch it in 3D. I mean they also release it in 2D, so let them make it in 3D I'll just watch the 2D version.
sarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:00 PM   #27
black coffee
It... Won't... Die...

black coffee has no status.

Send a message via MSN to black coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher-Freak View Post
But I do want LEATHERFACE back!!!
So do I, but not like this.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #28
Grim Reaper Roper
The Living Dead

Grim Reaper Roper is drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
Agreed. Although I feel like 3D has the potential to add to a movie, but making a movie in 3D just because its the "popular thing" (which is why i think so many movies are coming out in 3D) is absolutely stupid.

I really wish Rob Zombie had done Texas Chainsaw Massacre instead of Halloween. I feel like its more suited to his style of movie making.

Regardless of my feelings toward this movie, I will refrain from passing judgement till I see a preview.

I agree with you on the Rob Zombie point. House has many of the same elements that you'll find in a TCM film and his approach to film making would be better suited towards reinventing TCM rather than the Halloween franchise. But we'll never know. 3D is something that's big right now and I'm a little surprised a Halloween 3D was given a green light so fast, especially after H2 nose dived at the box office. Regardless, I'm a TCM fan and I am interested in this development and what WP can come up with. Leatherface...Leatherface...Leatherface
Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #29
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...

The Bear Jew is all about J. Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
I'm going to have to agree with the troll. Considering the amount of whining between here and the news page, you'd think Hollywood has begun attaching AIDS to their film prints. Get over it, people.

Yes, it's a gimmick, but it's one that can be loads of fun when applied to the right material and given the proper amount of care. MBV 3D did well, and others are unsurprisingly jumping on the bandwagon and using it as a crutch for their tired films... Don't watch them, it's that simple. The sooner studios realize that this trend (which the majority of you will undoubtedly still buy into) will no longer earn them a profit, they'll stop producing them so freely.

QFT, I agree, it will burn itself out in time, just like it did before...

Until then enjoy it, or don't....
Old 10-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #30
ClonedBeef
Fresh Kill

ClonedBeef is off to see the wizard

As long as there's more Chainsaw I don't care how many dimensions it's in.

Last edited by ClonedBeef; 10-09-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: left a word out...
ClonedBeef is offline   Reply With Quote