The Official UFC/MMA Thread - Page 347 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:15 PM   #3461
Blodulv
Rotting Corpse

Blodulv is in the shadow of the horns

lesnar will beat mir in a rematch...in the herring fight you could see he was more focused and calm compared to the mir fight

sig by Shadowbreedz
Blodulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:26 PM   #3462
SplitBreast
It... Won't... Die...

SplitBreast has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizMasterZer0 View Post
id like to see a lesnar mir rematch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodulv View Post
lesnar will beat mir in a rematch...in the herring fight you could see he was more focused and calm compared to the mir fight
Lesnar would be a huge favorite but one mistake could cost him the fight again though. Thats what makes guys like Mir so dangerous. I would like to see it
Old 08-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #3463
Blodulv
Rotting Corpse

yeah thats true...just like when sapp fought nog...sapp beat the hell out of nog...then he got subbed..although sapp is all strength and not much skills compared to lesnar

sig by Shadowbreedz
Old 08-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #3464
SplitBreast
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodulv View Post
yeah thats true...just like when sapp fought nog...sapp beat the hell out of nog...then he got subbed..although sapp is all strength and not much skills compared to lesnar
No one takes a beating like Nog. "Nogeuira has never lost a fight, he just runs out of time." I forget who said that but I love it. Dude would fight you to the death if he could. The one person you can legitimately say can never be counted out. One of my favorite fighters ever. His fighting spirit and the level of respect he treats the sport and his opponents with is beautiful. Truly one of the greatest champs MMA could ever have.

We need Nog-Fedor with no time limits.

I hope we get to see Lesnar-Nog at some point when Lesnar is a little more developed. I think he would get caught if the fight happened now but in 1.5-2 years it may be a different story
Old 08-22-2008, 03:35 PM   #3465
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

KJ Noons' manager says Nick Diaz not top contender, scoffs at EliteXC deadline

From MMAjunkie.com

by John Morgan on Aug 21, 2008 at 4:50 pm ET
With the clock ticking for 160-pound champion KJ Noons' EliteXC-issued 5 p.m. PT deadline to sign a bout agreement to face Nick Diaz on an Oct. 4 CBS broadcast, the situation appears at an impasse.

Noons' manager Mark Dion today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he is unconcerned with EliteXC Vice President Jared Shaw's demands.

"The update on [the deadline] is nothing is going to happen with it," Dion said. "That's what's going to happen with that. I don't care about how many threats [Shaw] wants to pull. We'll be doing a press conference if EliteXC doesn't see the light here pretty soon and if Shaw doesn't stop talking [expletive]."

While Shaw has claimed he's been unable to reach Noons or Dion -- while also hinting that Noons and Dion may have issues with his contract and pay -- Dion said the sticking point is the choice of opponent.

"As far as Nick Diaz, he's not the No. 1 contender out there," Dion said. "To [EliteXC] he is. He's the number one (for getting) eyeballs to (watch) them. They're pushing on eyeballs versus a career move for a champion like KJ. KJ is really not the one who gets anything out of the fight. Diaz does and so does ProElite."

Dion said if the situation between Noons and EliteXC does not improve, he will hold a press conference to bring the particulars of the debate to light.

"We'll do a press conference to discuss everything," Dion said. "But there's nothing in it for KJ unless [EliteXC] finally wakes up a little bit. That's why we'll have a press conference. I don't like to talk and beat a company that's already beat down. I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully they'll see the light."

Dion insisted that in Noons' fight for widespread recognition, the champion only wants to fight the best EliteXC can possibly offer.

"I would think Eddie Alvarez is the No. 1 contender," Dion said. "He's definitely ranked higher than Nick Diaz. KJ already beat Nick Diaz."

While Alvarez is currently unavailable due to taking personal time off, Dion does not feel that is reason to arrange a rematch with Diaz.

"Eddie Alvarez is getting married, but that's not our problem," Dion said. "People get married in five or 10 minutes."

Detractors of Dion have pointed out that it was the City Boxing owner's negotiating tactics that kept former client Brandon Vera out of the UFC for nearly a year. Dion counters by explaining that situation resulted in a huge windfall for Vera.

"Look at Brandon Vera," Dion said. "He had a long layoff, but he's making more money than the No. 1 ranked [expletive] fighter in the world, Anderson Silva -- or the same amount.

"And now Anderson Silva is getting Bud Light sponsorships from (UFC President) Dana (White) handed down to him. He's getting to fight at 205 (pounds). He's kind of telling them what he wants to do. Why? Because you got people like Brandon Vera, who's on a losing streak and not performing, making more money than the most valuable guy.

"Who do you think negotiated that [expletive] contract a year and a half ago? And if you look at my Post-it, the one I negotiated was a $7 million deal for four years. It's nothing close to [$100,000] and [$100,000] (as a win bonus). As far as trying to bring in the Mark Dion negatives and stuff, good luck. Show me any negatives on it. And that's just a pitch [EliteXC] can use. But hey, I know my [expletive]. I've been around this sport a long, long time."

In the end, Dion insists it is important for observers to realize his role in the negotiation process.

"I don't bend over for nobody, and I don't let my fighters do it," Dion said. "I'm not a booking agent. I don't book my fighters and schmooze deals to work for the promoters. I work for my fighters."

And Dion has a message for anyone watching closely as Shaw's deadline nears.

"Forget 5 o'clock," Dion said. "I ain't waiting until 5 o'clock. If [EliteXC officials] are holding their breath, then someone's going to pass out."

I hope KJ realizes how damaging this is for his image. Nobody likes a champion who ducks people, no matter how deserving they are. Diaz must be laughing his ass off at all this.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #3466
SplitBreast
It... Won't... Die...

The Sep 10th WEC card is now official. I think everyone already knows about these fights (except maybe Maeda and Yayha) but we couldn't possibly talk about the WEC enough. Best matchmaking in the sport and easily the second best org.

145 lbs.: WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah ” The California Kid” Faber (21-1) vs. Mike Brown (19-4)
185 lbs.: WEC Middleweight Champion Paulo Filho (16-0) vs. Chael Sonnen (22-9-1)
155 lbs.: “Razor” Rob McCullough (16-4) vs. Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone (8-0)
145 lbs.: Jens ” Little Evil” Pulver (22-9-1) vs Leonard Garcia (15-3)
135 lbs.: Rani Yahya (12-4) vs. Yoshiro Maeda (23-5-2)

185 lbs.: Jake Rosholt (4-0) vs. Danillo Villefort (8-2)
170 lbs.: Alex Serdyukov (12-4) vs. Johny Hendricks (3-0)
205 lbs.: Tim McKenzie (12-5) vs. David Avellan (2-0)
155 lbs.: Ed Ratcliff (6-1) vs. Danny Castillo (5-1)

The undercard is good but the televised portion is ridiculous. I would be happy about paying $45 for this card but we get it for free. Particularly excited about McCullough-Cerrone. Huge man crush on Cerrone.

I the WEC.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:45 PM   #3467
SplitBreast
It... Won't... Die...

The WEC just gets better. They have just signed Wagney Fabiano. A phenomonal featherweight with some of the best bjj I have seen in mma and striking thats catching up to it. He will be fighting Faber in the not too distant future.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #3468
Blodulv
Rotting Corpse

That WEC card is damn nice, Cerrone has very nice subs. Also looking forward to see more of Rosholt. Fabiano vs Lierley is the only fight with Fabiano i've seen but damn its a pretty good fight. I think he'll be a good fight for Faber.

sig by Shadowbreedz
Old 08-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #3469
Blodulv
Rotting Corpse

gomi is finally fighting again tomorrow in sengoku 4...i'd like to see him fight some of the better fighters at lw...maybe he'll fight in dream sometime in the future

sig by Shadowbreedz
Old 08-24-2008, 07:16 AM   #3470
jizMasterZer0
The Living Dead

jizMasterZer0 has no status.

mmaweekly has kimbo slice vs brett rodgers as a rumor for oct 4. bye bye kimbo if that is the case
What the hell is your problem? If you have a problem with me you can tell me, no reason to be a pansy and put shit in your sigs just to get high fives from other members. I never said more than 10 words to you, now all the sudden you are following me around and calling me gay. I see in your DVDAF you have a child. So that makes you probably 30, real mature asshole.

MY DVDS[/CENTER]
jizMasterZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote