2012 NFL Thread - Page 26 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 03-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #251
VoltronLions
Fresh Kill

VoltronLions has no status.

i am not a big favre fan, and i have enjoyed watching the cowboys (mostly) beat his ass over the years, but i do respect the man's game, and in that game against the saints, being as ancient as he is and all, he took a serious beating and stood tall. i respect the hell out of that. given that it seems the saints were targeting him for more than just qb hurries, it makes it all the more impressive that he finished that game, and sorta absolves him (a little) from his patented brett-favre-ends-a-playoff-game-with-an-interception play.[/QUOTE]

Thats probably the most objective reply Ive seen on the net that game pissed me off so much because the Vikings were clearly the better team that night and they ended up losing because of bad calls and dirty underhanded playing from the saints. Farve did stand tall he leg was wrecked eventually he had to have surgery on his ankle

✌ Visit my listings for the best in Scary Props, Horror Toys, Masks and more! ✌
VoltronLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #252
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronLions View Post
i am not a big favre fan...but i do respect the man's game
He was gamer and helped the Green Bay community in innumerable ways.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:00 AM   #253
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
He was gamer and helped the Green Bay community in innumerable ways.
but he's just such an insufferable egoist. his shucksy good ole boy routine belies a shrewd narcissist. which is fine. ultimately, as a football player, he was pretty incredible and inarguably tough. just a heart-breaker late in big games, though.

and totally owned by the cowboys of the nineties

1. witness (1985)
2. do the right thing (1989)
3. young adult (2011)
4. fast times at ridgemont high (1982)
5. serenity (2005)
6. king kong (1976)
7. star trek II: the wrath of khan (1982)
8. the trouble with harry (1955)
9. a vicious kind (2009)
10. brazil (1985)

Last edited by nancylives!; 03-25-2012 at 08:06 AM.
nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #254
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
but he's just such an insufferable egoist. his shucksy good ole boy routine belies a shrewd narcissist. which is fine. ultimately, as a football player, he was pretty incredible and inarguably tough. just a heart-breaker late in big games, though.

and totally owned by the cowboys of the nineties
Wait a second, are you suggesting there is such a thing as a forthright and completely unselfish NFL quarterback?
Old 03-25-2012, 09:20 AM   #255
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity

Quote:
Wait a second, are you suggesting there is such a thing as a forthright and completely unselfish NFL quarterback?
Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers...

But, No i see where Nancy is coming from Farve and his media coverage form retirement to unretirement became very old. The way in which he did it was classless, holding the Packers hostage after he announced he wanted to come back. Also his alleged infidelity and little snipes at Aaron Rodger's dont help his cause. Sure lost of Qbs have been just like him, but usually arent as successful.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #256
Heathen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcbh View Post
Jay Cutler, Philip Rivers...

But, No i see where Nancy is coming from Farve and his media coverage form retirement to unretirement became very old. The way in which he did it was classless, holding the Packers hostage after he announced he wanted to come back. Also his alleged infidelity and little snipes at Aaron Rodger's dont help his cause. Sure lost of Qbs have been just like him, but usually arent as successful.
The boorish Packer organization forced him into retirement. I'm sure it was difficult for him to weigh the pros and cons of tarnishing his legacy by going to the Jets (eek), but he redeemed himself and showed up GB by taking his Hall of Fame status into MN and putting forth a career year. I can't see Rodgers coming close to Favre in longevity.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:42 AM   #257
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Robcbh is convinced we live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity

Quote:
The boorish Packer organization forced him into retirement. I'm sure it was difficult for him to weigh the pros and cons of tarnishing his legacy by going to the Jets (eek), but he redeemed himself and showed up GB by taking his Hall of Fame status into MN and putting forth a career year. I can't see Rodgers coming close to Favre in longevity.
Yeah, but thats an outlandish expectation to put on ANY Qb. The fact is though, that AR has as many rings as Brett Farve.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #258
Heathen
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah, but thats an outlandish expectation to put on ANY Qb. The fact is though, that AR has as many rings as Brett Farve.
How many SB-winning QBs are NOT in the Hall of Fame? There must be more than a handful. So, basically you're putting Rodgers in the same van as Dilfer.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #259
Robcbh
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
How many SB-winning QBs are NOT in the Hall of Fame? There must be more than a handful. So, basically you're putting Rodgers in the same van as Dilfer.
Look if youre just ganna be moronic about it fine. I didnt say Aaron Rodgers was better than Favre, i didnt say he was HoFer, All i said was AR has as many SB wins as Favre(lifetime) AND he has had more than favre has had since favre left to go play else where. Thats really all it boils down to. SB wins. Do you think that say....Jim Kelly would trade his bust in Canton for a SB win?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #260
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

Quote:
Look if youre just ganna be moronic about it fine. I didnt say Aaron Rodgers was better than Favre, i didnt say he was HoFer, All i said was AR has as many SB wins as Favre(lifetime) AND he has had more than favre has had since favre left to go play else where. Thats really all it boils down to. SB wins. Do you think that say....Jim Kelly would trade his bust in Canton for a SB win?
Dude, you're wasting minutes of your life conversing with that guy.

And Favre has never been as good as Rodgers has been the last couple of years. He's played the position at a level we've never seen before.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10
Thunderbolt And Lightfoot - 7.5/10
Assault On Precinct 13 (76) - 9/10
The Avengers - 8.5/10
L.A. Confidential - 8.5/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote