MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Don't Be A Nerd

Don't Be A Nerd Computers, Video Games, Technology... that sort of stuff

Old 10-23-2012, 06:35 PM   #12801
SlayerX
OG Salmon

SlayerX is feeding you bacon strips for your hater lips

If you dont already have it, Resident Evil 4 HD is on sale under the Shocktober tab on the dashboard for only $10. Great deal even for those who have bought the game for a few different systems already over the years like myslef. At that price I couldnt pass it up.

There are also some other great 50% off deals featured this year like Alan Wake: American Nightmare, Deadlight and I Am Alive to mention a few.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation
SlayerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #12802
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post
cool man. If you like beat em ups, I'd check out Double Dragon. It's only 10 bucks, and has a decent amount of replay value.

I remember playing doom back on xbox, and loving the game. Never been fan though.
I'll give it a look, and thankfully I'm now enjoying DOOM 3 as much as I did the first time I played it. Great game with an amazing atmosphere, the "duct tape" torchlight takes that away a bit but it's still the best horror game I've played.

It's a shame DOOM 4 is going to back away from the horror side of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerX View Post
If you dont already have it, Resident Evil 4 HD is on sale under the Shocktober tab on the dashboard for only $10. Great deal even for those who have bought the game for a few different systems already over the years like myslef. At that price I couldnt pass it up.

There are also some other great 50% off deals featured this year like Alan Wake: American Nightmare, Deadlight and I Am Alive to mention a few.
I'll have a look at that. Been dying to get American Nightmare, main reason I haven't because I read its not really a direct link to Alan Wake, more like a small completely different story? I still hope they do a full sequel.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #12803
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I'll give it a look, and thankfully I'm now enjoying DOOM 3 as much as I did the first time I played it. Great game with an amazing atmosphere, the "duct tape" torchlight takes that away a bit but it's still the best horror game I've played.

It's a shame DOOM 4 is going to back away from the horror side of things.

I'll have a look at that. Been dying to get American Nightmare, main reason I haven't because I read its not really a direct link to Alan Wake, more like a small completely different story? I still hope they do a full sequel.
Doom was always more "action" than horror anyways. So Doom 4 would actually be going back to it's roots.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #12804
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
Doom was always more "action" than horror anyways. So Doom 4 would actually be going back to it's roots.
The original 2 were. But DOOM 3 made it more of a horror game. Which I think works in this day and age for the material.

It was harder to make a scary game back in the days DOOM first came out, now it's a lot easier. I'd like them to make it scary, but either way I'm getting the damn thing, loved all the games so far. And i still play the old ones too.

DOOM 4 is set on Earth as well, I think, from what a read awhile ago.

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 10-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #12805
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
The original 2 were. But DOOM 3 made it more of a horror game. Which I think works in this day and age for the material.

It was harder to make a scary game back in the days DOOM first came out, now it's a lot easier. I'd like them to make it scary, but either way I'm getting the damn thing, loved all the games so far. And i still play the old ones too.

DOOM 4 is set on Earth as well, I think, from what a read awhile ago.
Doom 3 was definitely more horror and I had no problem with that as I am a huge fan of the Doom series. I have all of them including Doom 64.
I personally don't care which way they go with the next one I just want it now.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #12806
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
Doom 3 was definitely more horror and I had no problem with that as I am a huge fan of the Doom series. I have all of them including Doom 64.
I personally don't care which way they go with the next one I just want it now.
Hahaha agreed.

I read that the graphic engine ID are working on for it is so good that they are limited to how much action they can have on the screen, before it takes too much out of the consoles and lags. That shit is wicked. It's going to look amazing.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 10-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #12807
SlayerX
OG Salmon

Quote:
AW:AN was surprisingly good for what it was. I definitely recommend it if you enjoyed the main game.

There are also some killer deals to do with Dead Space, BioShock and Dead Rising. Fantastic time to pick up some great stuff.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 AM   #12808
Oxley

Quote:
AW:AN was surprisingly good for what it was. I definitely recommend it if you enjoyed the main game.
I'll look into it, absolutely loved the main game.

Did you finish DisHonored?

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 10-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #12809
SlayerX
OG Salmon

Quote:
I'll look into it, absolutely loved the main game.

Did you finish DisHonored?
Yeah, I finished it last Friday and then completed my second runthrough on Saturday. That only took about 2 hours since I blasted through every area killing everything in my path going for the high chaos ending. It was definitely a fun game but I would have liked to see it expanded into a longer, more fleshed out experience. Hopefully we see a bigger, better sequel down the line with the amount of awards the game won. Super easy 1000/1000 for the whores out there as well. Definitely worth the $7 rental.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #12810
Oxley

Quote:
Yeah, I finished it last Friday and then completed my second runthrough on Saturday. That only took about 2 hours since I blasted through every area killing everything in my path going for the high chaos ending. It was definitely a fun game but I would have liked to see it expanded into a longer, more fleshed out experience. Hopefully we see a bigger, better sequel down the line with the amount of awards the game won. Super easy 1000/1000 for the whores out there as well. Definitely worth the $7 rental.
Yeah it's length really cripples it. I'd love to see a sequel done, it's going to need a completely new set of characters though, if it goes on from the ending.

Unless it touches on stories that happen during Emily's rule. And you're not wrong about the 1000/1000 I haven't even tried and I only have 8 to get, and after seeing what they are it's going to be piss easy to do it. Just if I can be assed.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..