Platinum Dunes taking over Halloween! - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors

Horror Gossip, News, and Rumors Got a scoop? Heard a rumor? All your horror news and rumors go here.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #21
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!

zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.

Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz

Meh bring it on I guess I mean really all that can happen is it sucks and thrown into the $5.00 bin at wally world and that's that. I'll pay money to see this because I'm a fucking Idiot, and later download it to spit back into the face of those who made it! That's revenge folks.....until the 4 disc Blu Ray special edition comes out with added commentary by Robert Plant and Jimi Page comes out. I don't mind shelling out money for multiple discs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #22
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is rambling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
What was so bad about Halloween remake? OK I get why people may not like Rob's H2 but thought his remake was ok. Rob is freaking amazing and didn't John Carpenter say he liked it too, don't know why he gets so much hate. Rob is the man
I dig Rob Zombie's Remake of Halloween, although the original is far superior. H2 sucked, though.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #23
scream4melongbeach
Rotting Corpse

scream4melongbeach is concerned,but hopefull

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
What was so bad about Halloween remake? OK I get why people may not like Rob's H2 but thought his remake was ok. Rob is freaking amazing and didn't John Carpenter say he liked it too, don't know why he gets so much hate. Rob is the man
I have no problem with Rob Zombie. I love House of 1000 Corpses and The Devils Rejects. I really wanted like his Halloween (it couldn't be any worse after Resurrection) and I didn't dislike it the first time I saw it. The film does have some great visuals, but that doesn't make up for the incredibly annoying characters, Zombie's obsessive love for white trash and a story that goes nowhere.The original films novelazation came up with enough back story for Michael Myers without resorting with a bad child actor and his unsympathetic family. If John Carpenter liked the film ( I didn't get that impression when I meet him at the Monstermania con a few years ago.) that's his choice. I did'nt care for it.

As far as I'm concerned, not much worse could be done to the franchise.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #24
Wednesday
Fresh Kill

Wednesday has no status.

This could go either way for me. Platinum Dunes are rather hit or miss. I do wish they'd stop hiring music video directors with zero feature experience but then again, that's essentially their mission statement... Oh well.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
The Gingerdead Man
Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games
Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #25
acp35
The Living Dead

acp35 is Can't wait to meet Savini on the 14th at the Horrorfest!!!

If this wipes the abomination that was H2 out of continuity and gives even a half-decent reboot I am good with. Actually I am ecstatic about this. They messed up Nightmare completely but did a very decent job on Friday the 13th.(people who didn't like Friday were not real slasher fans to begin with let alone Friday fans)
Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #26
Heathen
BANNED

Heathen is advising that if you kiss a corpse, you had better be willing to go all the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp35 View Post
people who didn't like Friday were not real slasher fans to begin with let alone Friday fans
Plotwise, I agree with you, but Nispel did such a poor job of directing (esp. in the camerawork and editing) that any respectable MOVIE fan, much less slasher fan, cannot approve it.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #27
Vlad The Impaler
BANNED

Vlad The Impaler is gone.

Quote:
(people who didn't like Friday were not real slasher fans to begin with let alone Friday fans)
I've been a massive fan of slashers since I was first introduced to R rated horror about 22 years ago. In that time I've seen countless slice n' dicers and I know the sub-genre like the back of my hand. Furthermore, I'm also a huge fanboy of the first four Friday the 13th films that the reboot drew from. All this and I wasn't over enthused by the PD reworking either.
Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #28
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse

Yggdrasil is rambling.

Quote:
(people who didn't like Friday were not real slasher fans to begin with let alone Friday fans)
I love Friday the 13th part 1,2,3 and 4, but I hated the remake/reboot.

Guess I'm not a real slasher- or Friday-fan then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
but Nispel did such a poor job of directing (esp. in the camerawork and editing) that any respectable MOVIE fan, much less slasher fan, cannot approve it.
I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with you.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #29
Goreflixblog
Not Dead Yet

Goreflixblog has no status.

The Friday the 13th reboot had some decent slasher themes and took a good stab at the whole Jason mythos, but it was ruined by bad directing and bad editing. Elm Street, on the other hand, just sucked.
Goreflixblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
magnaderalpha
Fresh Kill

magnaderalpha has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scream4melongbeach View Post
If John Carpenter liked the film ( I didn't get that impression when I meet him at the Monstermania con a few years ago.) that's his choice. I did'nt care for it.
I think John Carpenter liked the remake only because it lined his pockets. He seems like he never been against the remake trend as long as he gets his cut of spoils, regardless how crap the movies are. As long as he's getting paid, he could give a shit about the quality of the film. I would even go out to say that he'd say good things just so he can convinced more people to go see the flick(more people = more money).

Friday the 13th reboot felt, to me, like PD wanted to make the Ft13 series even more dumber than it already is. It's like, "Friday the 13th is considered slasher standard, with sex, booze, drugs and goofy kids. That's already pretty pedestrian, but lets try to make it MORE dumbified. How can we just make it more stupid and stereotypical, to the point that it almost becomes a parody?". They could've actually did something pretty damn cool, like, actually inject a GOOD story into a Ft13 movie. They could've shown characters as being something more than just cardboard cut-outs of Douchbag Joe, Skankula and Stoned and Stoner.
magnaderalpha is offline   Reply With Quote