2012 Horror Draft: Discussion Thread - Mr. Bungle wins! - Page 408 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > BD Forum Games > Official BD Drafts

Official BD Drafts Home of the annual BD drafts , new drafts by permission only.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #4071
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
You both obviously don't know what you are talking 'bout. It has a much higher and deeper meaning embedded into several scenes (and the whole movie in general), but this isn't that easy to comprehend. I for myself did an extensive research on the web in order to understand it better. And it worked and helped a lot.
I would suggest the same to you. But most likely this would be too painstaking.
I actually have done some reading up on it. I wanted to delve a little deeper into what it was really about. I really wanted to like it but it just didn't click with me.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #4072
zombaddict
BANNED

zombaddict is Douglas the Caretaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
You both obviously don't know what you are talking 'bout. It has a much higher and deeper meaning embedded into several scenes (and the whole movie in general), but this isn't that easy to comprehend. I for myself did an extensive research on the web in order to understand it better. And it worked and helped a lot.
I would suggest the same to you. But most likely this would be too painstaking
Honestly, if a film requires that much looking into (outside of the actual film) then the film, IMO has failed on all levels.
What is the purpose of a film that you have to look elsewhere to understand in the slightest?
The whole point of film to me is to further explore ideas and emotions that are impossible to get across in books or other media forms.
You should never have to read about what someone was trying to accomplish with each scene or shot in a movie....this means they have failed.
zombaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #4073
TheReturnOfSarsoor
Rotting Corpse

TheReturnOfSarsoor has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombaddict View Post
Honestly, if a film requires that much looking into (outside of the actual film) then the film, IMO has failed on all levels.
What is the purpose of a film that you have to look elsewhere to understand in the slightest?
The whole point of film to me is to further explore ideas and emotions that are impossible to get across in books or other media forms.
You should never have to read about what someone was trying to accomplish with each scene or shot in a movie....this means they have failed.
TheReturnOfSarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #4074
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
I would say...yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #4075
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
I hate to say it, but, I don't even know what movie you guys are arguing about anymore. I'm not saying to stop arguing, but kind of throw a title in every now and again for us low attention span cretins.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #4076
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is changing his life, one pound at a time!

Quote:
I don't think they failed. I thought the movie was great and enjoyed every bit of it, and in the end that's all that matters. Was the film vague in it's message, sure.....but it didn't detract from what the film was intending to do, and that's entertain.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #4077
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
I hate to say it, but, I don't even know what movie you guys are arguing about anymore. I'm not saying to stop arguing, but kind of throw a title in every now and again for us low attention span cretins.
Antichrist
Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #4078
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Antichrist
Still?

OK, I'll check back in a few hours.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #4079
zombaddict
BANNED

zombaddict is Douglas the Caretaker

Sorry all, I wasn't talking about a specific film, since, much like Caustic, I didn't know what film you were talking about. My statement was just generally about every film.
zombaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #4080
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Sorry all, I wasn't talking about a specific film, since, much like Caustic, I didn't know what film you were talking about. My statement was just generally about every film.
It's cool. You quoted Santa Sangre, who was talking about Antichrist, so naturally i thought you were talking about it as well.