2012/2013 NBA SEASON!!! - Page 54 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #531
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
And what problem would that be, exactly?

Seeing as how there's no team in my area, I've always grown up watching players (like Jordan) and following them rather than a specific team. Personally, I don't find anything wrong with that. The NBA defers from the NFL...one player CAN make a big difference with an organization, and seeing as how I grew up watching LeBron in High School, and he was drafted to the NBA (skipping college) he then became my favorite player because I knew he was special. Durant came into the league and he's considered to the next biggest thing, but I didn't immediately jump to his bandwagon. I'll stick with James until the day he retires, whether he's playing well or not, just because I like him as a player.

I absolutely loved Chad Johnson when he played for the Bengals...but when he was released I didn't follow, because Cincinnati IS my team, regardless if Johnson was an amazing player, because ONE player doesn't make a difference, it's the team that matters. I just don't have the same mentality for the NBA.

I personally don't see the phony-ness in that.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Merry Christmas.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #532
DeathbyIggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

DeathbyIggy is the 2014 Cult Draft Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post

Hook, line, and sinker.

Merry Christmas.
Then if that's the case, i'm guilty as well. I will always be a fan of the Miami Heat, but i am also a fan of James....so wherever he plays, i'll be cheering him on, watching him play there as well.
3. Back To The Future (1985) - Robert Zemeckis
4. Jurassic Park (1993) - Steven Spielberg
5. JAWS (1975) - Steven Spielberg
6. The Avengers (2012) - Joss Whedon
7. Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981) - George Miller
8. Dawn Of The Dead (1978 ) - George A. Romero
9. Beetlejuice (1988 ) - Tim Burton
10. Beavis & Butthead Do America (1996) - Mike deSeve, Yvette Kaplan, Mike Judge
DeathbyIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #533
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Ultimate High has no status.

Switching teams is the ultimate cornball move. It's almost as loose butt-hole as getting angry when people call them out for being one of the aforementioned switchers.

Pick a team and have the integrity to stick with it, through thick and thin.
Then, when you finally do get over the hump:

Fake-fans will never, truly, understand that feel.

inhale

exhale

Last edited by Ultimate High; 12-26-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Ultimate High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #534
DeathbyIggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate High View Post
Switching teams is the ultimate cornball move. It's almost as loose butt-hole as getting angry when people call them out for being one of the aforementioned switchers.

Pick a team and have the integrity to stick with it, through thick and thin.
Then, when you finally do get over the hump:

Fake-fans will never, truly, understand that feel.
Oh no, don't get me wrong....i will ALWAYS be a Miami Heat fan, and i'll continue to support them no matter what. But i am also a huge LeBron fan as he is my favorite player, so i will always follow his career wherever he goes..........UNLESS he becomes a New York Knick, in which case he can go fuck himself.
10. Beavis & Butthead Do America (1996) - Mike deSeve, Yvette Kaplan, Mike Judge
Old 12-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #535
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Then if that's the case, i'm guilty as well. I will always be a fan of the Miami Heat, but i am also a fan of James....so wherever he plays, i'll be cheering him on, watching him play there as well.
For the record, I was joking earlier. Since it's turned into a debate though.....

So you'll still be cheering for James, even if he gets traded to your rival, or tears both his ACL's, and becomes an irrelevent utility player? I find that hard to believe.

Not speaking for anyone here, but I always find it convenient when people say they are a fan of a player, and that guy just happens to be the best player in the entire league. Same with people who list their favorite teams, and they all just happen to have a championship in the last three years.

You know, glory chasers.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #536
DeathbyIggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
For the record, I was joking earlier. Since it's turned into a debate though.....

So you'll still be cheering for James, even if he gets traded to your rival, or tears both his ACL's, and becomes an irrelevent utility player? I find that hard to believe.

Not speaking for anyone here, but I always find it convenient when people say they are a fan of a player, and that guy just happens to be the best player in the entire league. Same with people who list their favorite teams, and they all just happen to have a championship in the last three years.

You know, glory chasers.
So you're saying you never cheered for Michael Jordan? Never followed his career, and never watched his amazing performances in playoff game after playoff game? I find THAT hard to believe. Remember, he was the greatest player of all time and i don't think ANYONE WASN'T a fan of his. Anyone who says they cheered against him, is just full of shit.

LeBron's my favorite player. I've followed his growth as a player from high school and was ecstatic to hear that he'd be playing for the Miami Heat. I will continue to follow his career wherever he may go, AGAIN, unless he goes to the New York Knicks, in which case i have no desire to see him be successful for that team.

If that's being a glory chaser, so be it. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Last edited by DeathbyIggy; 12-26-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #537
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
So you're saying you never cheered for Michael Jordan? Never followed his career, and never watched his amazing performances in playoff game after playoff game? I find THAT hard to believe. Remember, he was the greatest player of all time and i don't think ANYONE WASN'T a fan of his. Anyone who says they cheered against him, is just full of shit.
You can't be serious. You think all those Jazz fans, were secretly rooting for Jordan, as he was stealing a championship away from them? Nobody has ever questioned his accomplishments, because he always got the calls? Give it a rest. Jordan has plenty of haters, and second guessers, that still exist to this day.

I can give you plenty of examples. I hated Wayne Gretzky when he was playing. I can't stand Sydney Crosby. I hate Lebron James. I hate Alex Rodriguez, and Derek Jeter. Oh', and Jordan? I didn't care for him either. I was a Barkley guy, back in those days.

Appreciate their talent and accomplishments? Sure. Root for them though? Fuck no. If anything, I love to hate them, and laugh when they fail. Unless they're on my team, they can trip and die for all I care.

Last edited by Heretic; 12-26-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #538
DeathbyIggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
You can't be serious. You think all those Jazz fans, were secretly rooting for Jordan, as he was stealing a championship away from them? Nobody has ever questioned his accomplishments, because he always got the calls? Give it a rest. Jordan has plenty of haters, and second guessers, that still exist to this day.

I can give you plenty of examples. I hated Wayne Gretzky when he was playing. I can't stand Sydney Crosby. I hate Lebron James. I hate Alex Rodriguez, and Derek Jeter. Oh', and Jordan? I didn't care for him either. I was a Barkley guy, back in those days.

Appreciate their talent and accomplishments? Sure. Root for them though? Fuck no. If anything, I love to hate them, and laugh when they fail. Unless they're on my team, they can trip and die for all I care.
Pretty sad man....and Barkley? Even sadder... Just accept that everyone isn't like you. We're all free to root for whom we like.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #539
TheReturnOfSarsoor
Rotting Corpse

TheReturnOfSarsoor has no status.

Quote:
Pretty sad man....and Barkley? Even sadder... Just accept that everyone isn't like you. We're all free to root for whom we like.
Why is it pretty sad if some people didn't want Jordan to win?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #540
DeathbyIggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
Why is it pretty sad if some people didn't want Jordan to win?
Call me crazy, but i think it's pretty sad to root for someone to fail, and to laugh when they do. It just seems childish and screams of jealousy.

Look at it this way.... You have all these people who say they hate LeBron, call him Queen James, and thrive when he fails.....do you honestly think they'd pass up the chance to have him on their team? NO FUCKING WAY... they'd trade their best player to get him in a fucking heartbeat, and to me that just seems hypocritical of these fucktards after they've been so stuck on "hating" LeBron James. It's stupid, childish, and utterly moronic.

Last edited by DeathbyIggy; 12-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.