Voting Philosophies - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > Bloody-Disgusting.com > Locked Threads

Locked Threads Where closed threads go to die...

Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #11
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
this is all fun and games, right?
Everything is all fun and games to me. As it should be, because life sucks either way. Might as well enjoy it if you can.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

This is a game, in my case, I have understood that my vote will not change the overall direction. Neither will it affect the final result. I'm just having a little fun with the voting. I have nothing against the classics, and agree that a movie is good regardless if it is well known or not. I just like to make it clear my preferences for lesser known films while I enjoy a bit with the vote.

But I have noticed very aggressive attitude towards my position. Is it perhaps that I am playing against the rules? No way, I just adjust to the rules. Is perhaps forbidden to vote against "classic"? Is it perhaps that a classic means an automatic +3?. Is it perhaps that one does not have freedom to vote?

Furthermore it funny how many get very irritating when you touch their "vanilla" spirit. Many have left their exposed attitude towards me and that they never intended to check lesser known films. There's nothing wrong with that!!!

It is clear that not all have the same goal in this game, and we should respect those who have a different purpose.

But one must wonder what is that mean or what you want your vote to mean. In my case, my most and least are basically aimed at encouraging some films that I think deserve attention over others.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is being excellent

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Movies I enjoy get high scores. Movies I don't like get high scores. Who cares if they're popular films.

I know I'm not participating, but that's how it is.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #14
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is looking foward to Miami's 2015 NFL Season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renacimiento View Post
This is a game, in my case, I have understood that my vote will not change the overall direction. Neither will it affect the final result. I'm just having a little fun with the voting. I have nothing against the classics, and agree that a movie is good regardless if it is well known or not. I just like to make it clear my preferences for lesser known films while I enjoy a bit with the vote.

But I have noticed very aggressive attitude towards my position. Is it perhaps that I am playing against the rules? No way, I just adjust to the rules. Is perhaps forbidden to vote against "classic"? Is it perhaps that a classic means an automatic +3?. Is it perhaps that one does not have freedom to vote?

Furthermore it funny how many get very irritating when you touch their "vanilla" spirit. Many have left their exposed attitude towards me and that they never intended to check lesser known films. There's nothing wrong with that!!!

It is clear that not all have the same goal in this game, and we should respect those who have a different purpose.

But one must wonder what is that mean or what you want your vote to mean. In my case, my most and least are basically aimed at encouraging some films that I think deserve attention over others.
You deserve a kick in the cranberries you fucking wanker.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #15
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
I highly doubt that.
By only doubting it you're accepting/admitting to the possibility. What if you saw a movie you'd never seen before, loved, and then found out the "whole world" has already seen and loved it too, but under a different name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renacimiento View Post

Actually, you are violating the rules, it may not be spelled out, but one expects everyone to play truthfully and honorably, and you keep admitting you're giving false scores on the quality of the films picked based on where they already sit in the status quo of horror fans.
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is looking foward to Miami's 2015 NFL Season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
Actually, you are violating the rules, it may not be spelled out, but one expects everyone to play truthfully and honorably, and you keep admitting you're giving false scores on the quality of the films picked based on where they already sit in the status quo of horror fans.
THANK YOU! Fucker should be banned from any future drafts!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #17
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I'd rather be introduced to a movie I've never heard of and not like it, than hear about Psycho or Halloween for the millionth time. At least it's something new.

Maybe in time, that movie will become just as vanilla as Psycho or Halloween. But I don't have a time machine, so I don't see how that counts.
This is more of an aside, but don't want you to think I've ignored you. This is fine really, we all hope to see a few or more great films that we passed by somehow or never heard off. But that's a separate issue from how good they are and the scores they deserve. We've had so called rec points in the past, and that's been a sticky issue, but it wouldn't be unfair to give some extra points for a new film you've enjoyed, but it would be unfair to take away points from genuinely good films just because you've seen them several times or most horror fans love them to death.
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
Jayy
It... Won't... Die...

Jayy is in bed with Lindy Booth aboard the Sulaco.

Takes 14 1/2 hours for almost every pick and then scores people with - scores. LOL.

Pathetic.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #19
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
THANK YOU! Fucker should be banned from any future drafts!
Eeerrr, I wasn't going for that, but I can see how others feel. I think Ren is just taking a backwards perspective on all this. I'd just like to see him come around and vote fairly. He's free to love and appreciate the more obscure films all he wants tho as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Renacimiento
The Fallen Angel

Renacimiento has no status.

Location: Somewhere at the bottom of the ocean, near Argentina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post

I'm playing with honesty and sincerity. I'm not admitting that I am giving false scores. I'm being honest with my feelings for some classic, which I do not criticize the quality. It's just my feeling toward them has changed. I'm just saying that I want my scores have meaning, which I explained.