85th Annual Academy Awards (2013) - Page 20 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #191
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
See I feel that way about the Master. Lincoln was a solid period piece with undoubtedly excellent acting. As expected from DDL and Spielberg... really nothing extraordinary or mind-boggling about it.

The Master will have it's place but more people know Lincoln so it's on a bigger scale all though I agree with you that Paul Thomas Anderson keeps churning out brilliance.

Lmfao I thought I saw him chewing he may of had a chance if he didn't bash the Academy then retort his comments.

But seriously Joaquin should of won for Walk The Line bar none that perplexed me.

His brother River was talented as well I heard his final movie is finally coming out albeit unfinished though! The phoenix's are a bunch of commune crazy people that can act

1. Drive
2. Big Hero 6
3. Edge Of Tomorrow
4. Sling Blade
5. Chef
6. Kung Fu Hustle
7. What's Eating Gilbert Grape
8. Hesher
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #192
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is being excellent

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
The Master will have it's place but more people know Lincoln so it's on a bigger scale all though I agree with you that Paul Thomas Anderson keeps churning out brilliance.

Lmfao I thought I saw him chewing he may of had a chance if he didn't bash the Academy then retort his comments.

But seriously Joaquin should of won for Walk The Line bar none that perplexed me.

His brother River was talented as well I heard his final movie is finally coming out albeit unfinished though! The phoenix's are a bunch of commune crazy people that can act
Did anybody see that Meryl Streep didn't even open the envelope when she said Daniel Day-Lewis? Wtf is that all about?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #193
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
Did anybody see that Meryl Streep didn't even open the envelope when she said Daniel Day-Lewis? Wtf is that all about?
She was smart enough to know they were pressed for time!!!! She opened it early to just say the winner instead of looking like an idiot trying to open a simple envelope!

Classy Meryl always a step ahead of us

1. Drive
2. Big Hero 6
3. Edge Of Tomorrow
4. Sling Blade
5. Chef
6. Kung Fu Hustle
8. Hesher
Old 02-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #194
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
She was smart enough to know they were pressed for time!!!! She opened it early to just say the winner instead of looking like an idiot trying to open a simple envelope!

Classy Meryl always a step ahead of us
Or!!!!!!! She picked DDL and Joaquin Phoenix actually won!?!?!?!?!?

Old 02-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #195
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Quote:
Or!!!!!!! She picked DDL and Joaquin Phoenix actually won!?!?!?!?!?

Meryl was wanting someone on her level with wins so she just gave it to DDL.

1. Drive
2. Big Hero 6
3. Edge Of Tomorrow
4. Sling Blade
5. Chef
6. Kung Fu Hustle
8. Hesher
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 PM   #196
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Django Unchained winning would have been fucking nuts!!
I won't lie. When Obama was presenting the award, I was thinking "maybe Django", for obvious reasons. Same with Lincoln.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:58 PM   #197
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I won't lie. When Obama was presenting the award, I was thinking "maybe Django", for obvious reasons. Same with Lincoln.
Undoubtedly people will make a huge deal out of Michelle Obama being a presenter until the end of time. Some sort of left-wing conspiracy to control the world?!?!? Ha.. no.

I'm already sick of reading about it. She didn't have a choice over who the winners were... nobody knew except for the two fat dudes with the briefcases until the show started. It was exceedingly out of place though. Seemed unnecessary to show that Hollywood is a more politically liberal place. No need to make some of the conservatives feel alienated.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #198
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Undoubtedly people will make a huge deal out of Michelle Obama being a presenter until the end of time. Some sort of left-wing conspiracy to control the world?!?!? Ha.. no.

I'm already sick of reading about it. She didn't have a choice over who the winners were... nobody knew except for the two fat dudes with the briefcases until the show started. It was exceedingly out of place though. Seemed unnecessary to show that Hollywood is a more politically liberal place. No need to make some of the conservatives feel alienated.
All I was thinking was that there are more pressing matters at hand for her to be dealing with, than getting all dressed up, to present a fucking movie award. It made her look like a childish, attention whore, and the upcoming shitstorm she's going to get for it, is well deserved. She's the goddamn first lady, not Beyonce.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #199
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
All I was thinking was that there are more pressing matters at hand for her to be dealing with, than getting all dressed up, to present a fucking movie award. It made her look like a childish, attention whore, and the upcoming shitstorm she's going to get for it, is well deserved. She's the goddamn first lady, not Beyonce.
Yeah man those two minutes of screen time could have been spent walking from one wing of the white house to the other.

She's the first lady. They've always been about show and rhetoric. American politics are fucked, there is no hope for the future.

But anyways...

I'm glad they seemed to up the entertainment value of the ceremony this year. Best presenters and host in a long time... I've been reading some negative reviews, but honestly I don't remember the last time an Oscar host actually got good reviews. I thought MacFarlane rules.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #200
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Yeah man those two minutes of screen time could have been spent walking from one wing of the white house to the other.

She's the first lady. They've always been about show and rhetoric. American politics are fucked, there is no hope for the future.
It was just wrong. There is a certain way the first lady should conduct herself. Even if she doesn't do shit, she shouldn't make herself look like she doesn't do shit, by taking part in a frivalous awards show, for rich assholes.

She will eat shit for it, and she should. Terrible PR move.

Quote:
But anyways...

I'm glad they seemed to up the entertainment value of the ceremony this year. Best presenters and host in a long time... I've been reading some negative reviews, but honestly I don't remember the last time an Oscar host actually got good reviews. I thought MacFarlane rules.
I didn't see much of it, but I heard Seth knocked it out of the park.