Resistance Retribution is a PSP specific game based off of the Playstation 3 game Resistance Fall Of Man. This new story from Resistance is a 3rd person shooter as opposed to 1st person in the PS3 game. It’s a new story, new characters, weapons, enemies, levels, and it so far looks real good as far as games have looked on the PSP.
Set in the weeks after Resistance: Fall of Man®, Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James Grayson. After a personal tragedy – he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion center – Grayson goes on a vendetta to destroy every conversion center he can find. Eventually Grayson learns that his efforts have been futile… in Western Europe the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans to aliens. The European resistance – the Maquis – enlist Grayson’s help, and he joins Cartwright and Parker in Operation Overstrike. The war to retake the European continent has begun. KEY FEATURES
• Game: A third person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2™.
• Storyline: Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent, follows a single soldier’s grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.
• Engine: Utilizes Bend Studio’s third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen, more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights, and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.
• Revolutionary Targeting System: Advanced third person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.
• Portability: Liberal checkpoint system makes the title ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.
• Weaponry: Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger, Carbine, and LAARK, as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology – including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K “One shot, one kill” sniper rifle.
• Enemies: Over 10 different types of enemies, including Chimera from Resistance 2™ and Resistance: Fall of Man – including the Titan, Slipskull, Hybrids and Leapers – and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.
• Multiplayer: Intense eight player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.
• Resistance Franchise: Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.