Resistance Retribution is a PSP exclusive coming out February 24th. This game unlike Resistance Fall Of Man, and Resistance 2, is a 3rd person shooter. The game takes place weeks after Fall Of Man, following James Grayson a former British Marine. He had to kill his brother in a Chimeran conversion center. So in retaliation he goes on a spree trying to take down every “conversion center” her can.
• Game: A third person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2™.
• Storyline: Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent, follows a single soldier’s grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.
• Engine: Utilizes Bend Studio’s third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen, more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights, and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.
• Revolutionary Targeting System: Advanced third person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.
• Portability: Liberal checkpoint system makes the title ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.
• Weaponry: Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger, Carbine, and LAARK, as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology – including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K “One shot, one kill” sniper rifle.
• Enemies: Over 10 different types of enemies, including Chimera from Resistance 2™ and Resistance: Fall of Man – including the Titan, Slipskull, Hybrids and Leapers – and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.
• Multiplayer: Intense eight player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.
• Resistance Franchise: Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.