I recently (last night) played the demo for the original Section 8 game on my 360. It wasn’t bad, I could definitely see there was a lot of room for improvement, but it had some solid qualities. The graphics were looking good given that it is strictly an arcade game. I only played it though because the sequel Section 8: Prejudice recently caught my attention. Given what I’ve seen of the new game, and played of the old, it got me more excited for the new.
Section 8: Prejudice has about a 5 hour single player campaign, but is more driven by it’s pretty awesome online multiplayer. Past the break you can check out features, and some screenshots. The game will release on April 20th for the Xbox 360, May 4th for the PC, and summer for the PS3. $15.00 is the price tag, it might seem steep but as of right now the game definitely looks worth it. Section 8: Prejudice features:
– Mobilize by Drop Spawning from 15,000 feet, use Jet Packs to evade enemies, and ram opponents in Overdrive
– Campaign mode: 5-hour story-driven single-player campaign
– Conquest mode: Large-scale multiplayer for up 32 players
– Swarm mode: Four player co-op mode where shooter gameplay meets tower defense
– Offline bot support for all game modes
– Highly customizable weapon and equipment loadouts; deep level progression and unlockable content systems
– Dynamic Combat Missions: ensure no two multiplayer games ever play the same
– Dedicated Servers for all platforms, robust Stats Portal and Clan Management tools
– All of this for only $15 / 1200 Microsoft points – straight to your hard drive!
“As the release of Prejudice quickly approaches, we’re really excited to unveil loyalty rewards for players of the original Section 8. We think the very attractive $15 price point of Prejudice will introduce the franchise to a ton of new fans,” said Adel Chaveleh, President and CEO of TimeGate Studios. “Xbox LIVE Arcade is the perfect platform on which to debut our large-scale launch. With a little extra time on the PC and PlayStation®Network launches, we will be able to ensure that gamers get the best possible experience and a solid launch on each and every platform.”
The rewards program he speaks of is loyal Section 8 players will receive upgrades depending on the level they have reached by April 20th. Anyone who played the original Section 8 will instantly unlock Aegis Armor and the Reactive Plating upgrade, while those who reached Level 25 will additionally unlock the Ablative Plating upgrade. The very dedicated players who attained Level 50 will also get the Explosives Amplifier upgrade. As long as you didn’t change your gamer tag or i.d. all this can be yours.
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
More in News
UPDATE: Look what just showed up: residentevil2.com. Could be a joke, could be legit....
With the sequel to Fatshark’s Warhammer: The End Times – Vermintide (that would be...
Ah, Carmageddon. While console owners had games like Vigilante 8 or Twisted Metal, PC...
Jigsaw being teased for Dead By Daylight isn’t the only Saw-esque news for gamers....