B-D stringer and documentary filmmaker Paul Davis updated his official website with the first details on the forthcoming An American Werewolf in London Blu-ray coming September 15 from Universal Home Entertainment. The biggest news of all, of course, is that it comes with Davis’ Beware the Moon, a feature-length AWIL documentary, for FREE! Read on for the skinny.
Available for the First Time on Blu-ray(TM) Hi-Def An American Werewolf in London – Full Moon Edition
SEPTEMBER 15, 2009 OWN IT ON BLU-RAY(TM) HI-DEF AND 2-DISC DVD FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Universal Studios Home Entertainment
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., July 13 /PRNewswire/ –
Overview: One of the most gripping horror films of all-time is now available in perfect picture and purest digital sound on Blu-ray Hi-Def and DVD – An American Werewolf in London – Full Moon Edition! When two American students touring London are attacked by a vicious wolf during a full moon, their lives are suddenly transformed forever. Featuring ground-breaking Academy Award(R)-winning make-up by Rick Baker (Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” How The Grinch Stole Christmas), this cult favorite is directed by John Landis (Michael Jackson’s “Thriller,” National Lampoon’s Animal House) and perfectly blends the macabre with a touch of humor. Digitally remastered for optimum picture quality and loaded with bonus features including an all-new 100-minute retrospective documentary, An American Werewolf in London – Full Moon Edition is a timeless story that has never looked better!
EXCLUSIVE TO Blu-ray(TM) Hi-Def:
– BD-LIVE(TM): Access the BD-Live(TM) Center through your
Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest
trailers, and more!
BONUS FEATURES (BLU-RAY(TM) HI-DEF and DVD):
– NEW! – Beware the Moon: In this feature-length documentary, filmmaker Paul Davis guides us through a never-before-seen, in-depth look at the Making of An American Werewolf in London, with the help of director John Landis and make-up artist Rick Baker.
– NEW! – I Walked with a Werewolf (in hi-def): Make-up effects artist Rick Baker tells of his life-long love of the Wolfman, how he would go on to create the creature in An American Werewolf in London, and how he was able to pour his passion into the upcoming Wolfman feature.
– Making An American Werewolf in London, An Original Featurette
– An Interview with John Landis
– Make-up Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London
– Casting of the Hand
– Photograph Montage
– Feature Commentary with Cast Members David Naughton and Griffin Dunne
SYNOPSIS: It’s a rainy night on the Welsh moors. Two American students on a walking tour of Europe trudge on to the next town, when suddenly the air is pierced by an unearthly howl…Three weeks later, one is dead, the other is in the hospital and the nightmare begins for An American Werewolf in London. David Naughton, Griffin Dunne and Jenny Agutter star in this contemporary story of the macabre which takes you from the Welsh moors to Picadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and the grounds of Windsor Castle. It is written and directed by John Landis, the man who brought you National Lampoon’s Animal House, The Blues Brothers, Trading Places, and Coming to America. To add to the chill, there is art direction by Academy Award(R)-winner Les Dilley of Star Wars and Alien fame and special makeup effects by six-time Academy Award (R)-winner Rick Baker, whose work includes Star Wars, The Nutty Professor, Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes, Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Men in Black.
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
More in Home Video
We told you back in November of last year that Janus Films and the...
Phame Factory has announced a March 6, 2018, VOD release for Eric Pham’s horror...
Currently available On Demand, step into a serial killer’s twisted world when the dark...
Scream Factory announced today a March 6, 2018, Blu-ray release for their newly remastered collector’s edition...