Creation Entertainment’s Weekend of Horrors presented by Dark Sky Films returns to Los Angeles Friday, May 21, through Sunday, May 23, with the gory best of terror talent from both film and TV. This fright-filled three-day event will be held at the Marriott Los Angeles Airport, 5855 West Century Blvd., Los Angeles. Check out all of the details below and we hope to see you there!
Frightful favorites scheduled to appear include: writer/director Dario Argento and stars from A Nightmare on Elm Street and Never Sleep Again Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger), Heather Langenkamp (Nancy Thompson), and John Saxon (Lt. Thompson).
As well as make-up F/X legend Tom Savini, and on the Hatchet 2 panel on Saturday look for Tony Todd, Tom Holland, and R.A. Mihailoff to join director Adam Green and Victor Crowley himself — Kane Hodder.
The Weekend of Horrors also offers a variety of star-packed panels, including:
* Hatchet 2 Panel will bring the genre’s hottest names to present a fun and informative panel including filmmaker Adam Green, Kane Hodder, Tony Todd, Tom Holland, and R.A. Mihailoff.
* Michael Myers Panel, where your favorite Halloween stars will participate in a special panel including Tony Moran, Will Sandin, Dick Warlock, George P. Wilbur, and more.
* Jason Voorhees Panel will bring the Friday the 13th actors together on stage including Ari Lehman, Warrington Gillette, Steve Dash, Richard Brooker, Ted White, and more.
* Re-Animator Panel will include writer/director Stuart Gordon and actors Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton, Robert Sampson, Bruce Abbott, and Dennis Paoli.
* Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy Panel will include directors Daniel Farrands and Andrew Kasch along with writer/producer Thommy Hutson and more.
Attendees will also find a large assortment of exhibits offering horror film merchandise and collectibles along with photo ops and autographs.
Also returning this year will be The Frightful Film Room running films all weekend long; The Gruesome Art Ghoullery featuring some of the best artists and artwork of horror; The Zombie Walk; The Zombie Ball; Shock-N-Roll Spooktacular music event with the X-Treme Fashion Show; and the popular contests Terrifying Tattoo Contest and the Creepy Costume Contest.
General admission tickets are available in advance through WeekendOfHorrors.net or at the door for $20 on Friday and $25 each on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets for children 7-12 are $10 at the door only, and children six and under are free with parent or guardian. Show hours are Friday, 2 PM-8 PM, and Saturday and Sunday, 11 AM-7 PM (times are tentative). For further information call Creation Entertainment at 818/409-0960 or visit their website.
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - May 1, 2017 - The Mist, Hellboy, Michael...
The Mist has an extra gory new trailer, Hellboy is getting an R-rated reboot, and legendary actor Michael Parks passed away.Posted by Bloody-Disgusting on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Here’s Exactly When You’ll Be Able to Play ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’
New ‘Halloween’ Film Gets Early Piece of Promo Art
These Are the NETFLIX Horror Films Streaming in June 2017
Watching David Lynch Get a Standing Ovation at Cannes Will Make Your Day
James Wan is Producing the ‘Resident Evil’ Reboot!