A deadly driving competition spawns a racing legend in Death Race 2, an all-out action thrill ride, coming to Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Download January 18, 2011 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment DVD Originals. With full details and the trailer already out in the open, inside you’ll now find a look at 3 clips, along with the full batch of official hi-res stills!
Click here for the full gallery:
Packed with more of the heart-stopping action, spectacular stunts and shocking twists that propelled the original to cult status, the 2-disc Death Race 2 Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD will include unrated and rated versions of the film as well as in-depth bonus features that go behind the scenes of the thrill-packed story of the greatest Death Race driver of all time. The Blu-ray Combo Pack also includes a digital copy of the unrated movie that can be viewed on an array of electronic and portable devices anytime, anywhere.
Death Race 2 takes place in the very near future, as the United States economy begins to decline and violent crime starts to spiral out of control. To contain the growing criminal population, a vast network of for-profit, private prisons springs up, creating a lawless subculture ruled by gangs, cold-blooded killers and sociopaths. The worst of these prisons is Terminal Island, where inmates fight each other in a highly rated televised death match, where there are no rules, and the winner is the one who survives the gladiator-style, no-holds-barred competition. Convicted cop-killer Carl Lucas (Luke Goss) arrives on the Island to serve his life sentence just as ruthlessly ambitious television personality September Jones evolves the death match into the ultimate reality show – Death Race. A brutal prison yard demolition derby that pits prisoners against each other in steel reinforced, heavily armed vehicles, Death Race offers the winner the ultimate prize: freedom — if he can survive to enjoy it.
The latest in the hugely successful line of DVD Originals(TM) from Universal Studios Home Entertainment Productions, Death Race 2 is directed by Roel Reiné (The Marine 2, The Lost Tribe). The film is produced by Paul W.S. Anderson, Jeremy Bolt and Mike Elliott and executive produced by Roger Corman. Death Race 2 is an official South African/German Co-Production, produced in South Africa by Universal Pictures Productions GmbH and Moonlighting Death Race Films C.C. and co-produced by Genevieve Hofmeyr and Ralph Tuebben.
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAY(TM) AND DVD:
* Deleted Scenes with introduction by director Roel Reiné
* Deleted Shots Montage with introduction by director Roel Reiné
* The Race Begins: The Evolution of the Death Race–A look at how the prequel fits into the Death Race franchise.
* Cheating Death: The Stunts of Death Race 2–The film’s death-defying stunt crew invites viewers along on the ride of a lifetime.
* Fast Cars and Firearms: The Cars of Death Race 2–Take a look under the hood of the awe-inspiring autos featured in the film.
* Feature Commentary with director Roel Reiné
BLU-RAY(TM) EXCLUSIVE FEATURES:
* BD-LIVE(TM): Access the BD-Live(TM) Center through your Internet-connected player to get even more content, watch the latest trailers and more.
o MY SCENES: Bookmark your favorite scenes from the movie.
* pocket BLU(TM) APP: Experience Blu-ray in an exciting new way with the pocket BLU(TM) app for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Blackberry, Android, PC and Macintosh. With this app, you can work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray(TM) player to activate advanced features such as:
o ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray(TM) player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live(TM) functions with ease as well as activate a timeline to skip to any point in the movie with the slide of a finger.
o VIDEO TIMELINE: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the movie.
o MOBILE-TO-GO: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray(TM) discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there’s a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy exclusive content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
o VIRTUAL KEYBOARD: Enter data into a Blu-ray(TM) player with your device’s easy and intuitive keyboard to facilitate such Blu-ray(TM) features as chatting with friends and sending messages.
* UHEAR: Always catch every word with uHear! This innovative feature instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray(TM) disc and turns on the subtitles for the section you couldn’t hear!