Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD came out yesterday and the timing couldn’t be more perfect. It’s been raining quite a bit in Chicago/Chicagoland the past couple days. Don’t get me wrong, I’m ecstatic about it because we’ve pretty much been going through a drought followed by random high humidity heat waves. When I play most Tony Hawk games I want to go out and skate afterwards. But I can’t, so I’ve been inside playing more Tony Hawk instead. Upon the release of the game, it was also announced they are working on even more levels for DLC. The maps in THPS HD are taken from the 1st and 2nd game, the 1st DLC will contain maps from THPS 3. Check out this video as Tony Hawk tells you all about it.
Hopefully the game will do well enough that they will keep releasing new maps as DLC. If you head past the break you can check out a new trailer, tons screenshots, and game features.
· HD Upgrade: Game was rebuilt and polished by Robomodo using Neversoft’s original level models.
· Classic levels: The style and feel of the best 7 levels from THPS and THPS2 (Warehouse, School 2, Mall, Phoenix, Hangar, Marseilles and Venice) refreshed for today. Tony Hawk himself put a call out to his fans on Twitter during the summer of 2011 to decide the final levels. The levels are exactly the same specs as the originals – every gap, SKATE Letter, etc is exactly where you remember it but looks a hell of a lot better!
· The Top Pros: Today’s biggest skate pros round out the cast including: Nyjah Huston, Chris Cole, Eric Koston, Andrew Reynolds, Rodney Mullen, Lyn-z Adams Hawkins Pastrana, Riley Hawk and, of course, Tony Hawk himself. Each has 8 boards, 3 special moves, and an alternate outfit.
· Refined controls: The skaters’ animations, tricks and combos reflect the evolution of the THPS games. Animations are improved, the tricks have been redone (and some new special tricks added), even “skater celebrations” have been added for big combos.
· Manuals and Reverts: You can do manuals as part of trick combos in THPS HD. Given the fact that this game combines the best gameplay from THPS1 and THPS2, Reverts will not work as part of trick combos in the initial launch of THPS HD as that mechanic was not introduced until THPS3. However, reverts will work in the post-release DLC for the THPS3 levels, as those levels were originally designed to accommodate this.
· Endlessly fun objectives: Players pursue the same global and level-specific goals as the original games, including S-K-A-T-E, Secret DVD (used to be VHS tape!), and many more.
· Soundtrack: The full soundtrack has been announced and is listed at the bottom of this doc. It is about half classic THPS tracks and half new ones.
· Online multiplayer: Four modes (Trick Attack, Graffiti, Big Head Elimination, + Free Skate), plus online leaderboards. 8 high score leaderboards (1 per level plus 1 all levels combined). “Target Score” included as well, so you can see next highest score for you to beat to move up in the leaderboard in the HUD.
· Downloadable content: Coming post-release, will be levels from THPS3 including Airport. Other two levels and new pros to be announced soon.
· In Game Map View: Pause and see the location of objectives and gaps.
· Over 15 Achievements / Trophies
· Quick Restart: Back button allows you to quickly restart their session. Perfect for the obsessive gamer who is looking to achieve the perfect combo.
· Facebook Bragging Rights: Friends can see what level you have played and your score in Facebook.
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - October 9, 2017 - Cynthia, Halloween, As...
Bill Moseley and Sid Haig reunite for a new project, we’ve got an update on the new Halloween movie, and Bruce Campbell is making us very excited about Ash Vs Evil Dead season three!
More in Images
Magnet Releasing recently announced a November 3, 2017, release date for Blade of the...
ITN Distribution and Millman Productions have released the first photos from their first co-production,...
Netflix just shared a brand new image and featurette for Bright, the latest film from director David...
Wrong Turn 2 director Joe Lynch brings Steven Yeun (“The Walking Dead”) and Samara Weaving (“Ash vs....