The “Rubber Man” returns this fall when FX premieres the second season of “American Horror Story”, simply known as “American Horror Story: Asylum.” Show creator Ryan Murphy took to Twitter (@MrRPMurphy) and answered fan’s questions. Here’s the breakdown of what he revealed, with a major spoiler warning attached to it.
Set at an East Coast asylum for the criminally insane, the upcoming Chapter 2 revolves around Lange’s new character — a nun — and her boss at the institution, played by Cromwell, and is about sanity and tackling real-life horrors.
1. Season 2 really is different: For those who didn’t watch the first season, Murphy says you can start watching now without knowing anything. “It’s a completely new story,” he wrote. He also reiterated there would be no parallels to Season 1. “Not a single thing…except some of the actors.” The returning cast members include Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, and Lily Rabe with the newbies being Adam Levine, Jenna Dewan, Clea DuVall, James Cromwell, Franka Potente, Mark Consuelos, Lizzie Brochere, Joseph Fiennes, Chloë Sevigny, and Chris Zylka. Also, this season will have 13 episodes, and seven of them are already written.
2. Heroes vs. villains: Though Murphy previously said returning actors would be playing the polar opposite of their characters from Season 1, he teased that Lange’s nun would be a little bit villain and heroine.
3. Haunted Halloween: One way in which Season 2 will be similar is that there will be a Halloween-centric episode early in the run. “The second episode is our amazing Halloween episode,” he wrote. This means “Horror Story” could return on Wednesday, October 24th, if FX wants the episode to actually air on Halloween.
4. The new Rubber Man: If you missed Murphy’s photo of new cast member Levine, one of the new horrorific elements of “Asylum” was introduced. “Bloody Face is this year’s Rubber Man,” Murphy said.
5. A new theme: Last season’s opening credits provided many hints at what would be in store for the season, which is why there will be a new sequence this year. “We are shooting a new title sequence with the same team that did last year’s,” Murphy wrote. “The song may stay…not sure.”
BD Mobile App
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - June 12, 2017 - Starship Troopers, Godzi...
An animated Starship Troopers movie is coming to theaters, Godzilla vs. King Kong has its director, and more details emerge about Jeepers Creepers 3. It's This Week in Horror with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody-Disgusting on Monday, June 12, 2017
R.I.P. Henry Deutschendorf, Oscar from ‘Ghostbusters II’
3D Art of SpongeBob and Patrick “in Real Life” is Deeply Unsettling
So How About That ’47 Meters Down’ Ending? Director Explains
Lionsgate Confirms ‘Saw’ Sequel Title: JIGSAW!
Slasher Game ‘Dead by Daylight’ Hit Consoles Today; Play as Michael Myers Soon!