Sometimes Horror Reaches From Beyond The Grave Into The Headlines… Homecoming directed by Joe Dante, perhaps the most controversial feature of the critically-acclaimed Masters of Horror (all reviews) anthology series, bows on DVD on Tuesday, July 11th, from Anchor Bay Entertainment, an IDT Entertainment company. Decorated with a phalanx of bonus features, “Homecoming” brandishes an SRP of $16.98. Pre-book is June 7, 2006. Read on to see all of the goodies…The subject of intense debate since its first airing and featured in The Los Angeles Times and Newsweek magazine, Joe Dante’s (The Howling, Gremlins, Looney Tunes Back In Action), “Homecoming” blends zombie horror and contemporary political satire with chilling – and timely — results. Terror and scandal grip the nation when dead soldiers rise en masse to have their voices heard one more time during the Presidential election. Based on the award-winning short story “Death and Suffrage” by Dale Baily and adapted by Sam Hamm (Batman), “Homecoming” stars Jon Tenney (Looking For Comedy in the Muslim World) and veteran Dante collaborator Robert Picardo (The Howling, Innerspace and TV’s “Star Trek Voyager).
JOE DANTE’S HOMECOMING boasts a battalion of DVD extras:
* Widescreen Presentation (1.77:1), enhanced for 16×9 TVs
* Featurettes: “The Dead Come Marching,” “Working With A Master: Joe Dante,”
* Behind The Scenes: The Making of Homecoming
* On Set: An Interview with Jon Tenney
* On Set: An Interview with Robert Picardo
* On Set: An Interview with Thea Gill
* Audio Commentary with Writer Sam Hamm
* Fantasy Film Festival: Mick Garris Interviews Joe Dante
* Still Gallery
* Joe Dante Bio
* Screenplay (DVD-ROM)
* Screensaver (DVD-ROM)
Premiering on the Showtime cable network in October 2005 to critical and public acclaim, each one-hour “Masters of Horror” film elevates the genre to a new standard in terror, written and directed by some of the genre’s leading practitioners.