Marilyn Manson Hasn’t Abandoned ‘Phantasmagoria’

It was once though last year that shock-rocker Marilyn Manson was off shooting his first feature film, Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Caroll, only it was revealed in preparation for his latest CD release (Eat Me, Drink Me) that the process of prepping the film was draining him and taking up all of his free time. Now that Manson rushed through his latest effort (and wasted all of our money), he can now focus on his tour… and finally filming his first movie. Read on for the details.
United Press International reports that Marilyn Manson says he’ll begin shooting his horror film, Phantasmagoria, once he finishes touring to promote his new album, “Eat Me, Drink Me,” according to Blabbermouth.net.

“Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll” is still “very much happening,” Manson told Billboard magazine. “We postponed the film until after this tour, so probably November, December.”

Manson, based in Los Angeles, wrote the screenplay, and plans to direct and star in the movie. Besides Manson cast as author Carroll, the film will feature Lily Cole, Tilda Swinton and Manson’s girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood.

Manson said he plans to compose music for the movie as well.

Of his decision to delay the film’s production, Manson said, “I read Lewis Carroll’s diaries, and he’s a very fractured soul. I think I identified with it more than just fascination; I was in the same mental state. So I think, by waiting, I’ll be able to make a better movie.”

Manson’s North American tour kicks off July 25 in West Palm Beach, Fla.

The film takes place in Victorian England where a haunted writer in an isolated castle is tormented by sleepless nights and visions of a girl named Alice. He finds himself becoming a symptom of his own invention. “Now all my nightmares know my name.” He is Lewis Carroll. Terrified of what waits for him each night.

 
Source: Blabbermouth.net