In the ultimate tale of survival in the face of a dying world, Jim Mickle’s breakthrough movie, Stake Land (review) adds a frightening new element to the equation: vampires. The award-winning crowd-pleaser comes to Blu-ray and DVD on August 2, 2011, via Dark Sky Films. This extraordinary movie will be available on DVD, with an SRP of $27.98, and on two-disc Special Edition DVD ($29.98) and Blu-ray ($34.98), both containing a wealth of bonus material.
“America has fallen. A vampiric scourge sweeps the nation, turning brother on brother and parent on child as the blood-hungry beasts take deeper and deeper hold upon the land. It’s hard for the survivors to know whether to be more afraid of the creatures themselves or the violent religious groups that have sprung up in response, but there is clearly only one choice: fight or die. Connor Paolo (Gossip Girl, Alexander, Mystic River) stars as Martin, a teenager whose family has been slaughtered. His traveling companion is a taciturn, hardened vampire killer known simply as Mister (Nick Damici, In the Cut, World Trade Center), and together they trudge across the land in search of the rumored safe haven of New Eden.“Director Jim Mickle first grabbed the attention of horror film fans with his zombie-rat thriller Mulberry Street, in which Damici also starred and served as co-writer. They have teamed up again to deliver an even darker and bloodier shocker. Drawing on the post-apocalyptic frenzy described by Richard Matheson (author of the novel I Am Legend) and George Romero, Stake Land is a road movie with fangs. It co-stars new horror movie icon Danielle Harris (Halloween, Hatchet II) as a pregnant young woman and Kelly McGillis (Witness, Top Gun) as a traumatized nun who are picked up by Martin and Mister along their journey. The movie was produced by indie horror director Larry Fessenden (The Last Winter, Wendigo).
TWO-DISC DVD AND BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• 2 FEATURE-LENGTH CAST AND CREW COMMENTARIES: Writer/Director Jim Mickle, Writer/Actor Nick Damici, Actor Connor Paolo, Producer/Actor Larry Fessenden, Producer Brent KunkleWriter/Director Jim Mickle, Producers Peter Phok & Adam Folk, Director of Photography Ryan Samul, Sound Designer Graham Reznick, Composer Jeff Grace
• GOING FOR THE THROAT: THE MAKING OF STAKE LAND
• CHARACTER PREQUELS: 7 SHORT FILMS From Directors Larry Fessenden, Danielle Harris, Glenn McQuaid, JT Petty, Graham Reznick
• VIDEO DIARIES By Jim Mickle: PRE-PRODUCTION – STORYBOARDS – VISUAL FX – POST-PRODUCTION
• TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL PREMIERE AND Q&A
SINGLE DISC DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
• 2 FEATURE-LENGTH CAST AND CREW COMMENTARIES: Writer/Director Jim Mickle, Writer/Actor Nick Damici, Actor Connor Paolo, Producer/Actor Larry Fessenden, Producer Brent Kunkle, Writer/Director Jim Mickle, Producers Peter Phok & Adam Folk, Director of Photography Ryan Samul, Sound Designer Graham Reznick, Composer Jeff Grace
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - May 1, 2017 - The Mist, Hellboy, Michael...
The Mist has an extra gory new trailer, Hellboy is getting an R-rated reboot, and legendary actor Michael Parks passed away.Posted by Bloody-Disgusting on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Here’s Exactly When You’ll Be Able to Play ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’
New ‘Halloween’ Film Gets Early Piece of Promo Art
These Are the NETFLIX Horror Films Streaming in June 2017
As Suspected, They’re Going to Remake ‘Resident Evil’
Watching David Lynch Get a Standing Ovation at Cannes Will Make Your Day