With Marvel NOW! fast approaching, it’s no surprise that Marvel is putting a stop to some of their longest running series, prepping for new versions of the books in the coming year. With the release of their December solicitations, Marvel declares that “Amazing Spider-Man,” “Wolverine,” and “Captain America And…” will all come to a close with 2012.
Don’t worry. There’s no doubt that both “Spider-Man” and “Wolverine” titles will be back on the shelves in January, they just might wear a shiny #1 instead of a #701. Either way, you’d do well to pick up “Amazing Spider-Man” #700 as it is a landmark issue for the hero. As CBR points out, the only real question is whether or not the book will still carry “Amazing” in the title, or if it will be dropped for something a little more hip.
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700
DAN SLOTT (w) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (a)
Plus stories by JM DeMatteis & Giuseppe Camuncoli and Jen Van Meter & Stephanie Buscema
Cover by MR. GARCIN
Steve Ditko (Unused Amazing Fantasy 15 Art) Variant Cover
ASM 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT – Marcos Martin
WRAPAROUND VARIANT – Humberto Ramos
All New! 104 PGS./Rated T+ …$7.99
CULLEN BUNN (W) • PAUL PELLETIER (A)
Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO
Variant cover by Adi Granov
• In order to save the Dreaming Maiden, Wolverine must face nightmares while asleep and while awake!
• But is the Dreaming Maiden too dangerous to be saved?
• And what will be the fate of the mysterious Covenant?
32 PGS./Parental Advisory…$3.99
CAPTAIN AMERICA AND BLACK WIDOW #640
CULLEN BUNN (W)
FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA (a/c)
• FINALE ISSUE! GET READY TO HAVE YOUR FACES PUNCHED CLEAN OFF!
• Captain America and Black Widow lead the multiverse’s finest in a final assault on Venemma Multiversal!
• Black Widow vs. Black Widow…to the death!
• Forget 11…on a scale of 1 to AWESOME this eye-popping, senses-snapping, jaw-dropping final issue goes to 12!
32 PGS./Rated T …$2.99
this week in horror
We Saw a Full Scene from ‘IT’ and Holy Shit Bill Skarsgard Nailed Pennywise
A Really Strange New ‘Cult of Chucky’ Image Was Just Released
Dark ‘Gremlins 3’ Script Ponders the Murder of Gizmo
John Saxon Wrote an INSANE ‘Elm Street’ Prequel Back in 1987
Overlooked Indie Horror Films You Should Watch: Volume 4