Raptr is awesome. If you don’t use it I seriously recommend it. If you don’t know what it is, it basically tracks your gaming. Not in a bad way, but it tells you how long you play games, shows you your Mc Cheevos, shows you where you rank among your friends and more. That goes for Steam, Playstation Network, and Xbox Live achievements. Last year the most played game was Skyrim. And the unfortunate thing about the Raptr awards for the year is that some heavy hitters like Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 came out at the end. But that doesn’t mean they wont make it on 2013’s list. Head past the break to see how your favorite games stacked up this year!
The recipients of Raptr’s Most Played Awards of 2012 are as follows:
· Most Played New Game – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· Most Played Game (Released Anytime) – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Treyarch/Activision)
· Biggest Boost from User-Generated Content – Portal 2 (Valve)
· Most Played Long-Awaited Sequel – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· No Bathroom Break – Borderlands 2 (Gearbox/2K Games)
· Most Played XBLA Game – Minecraft (4J Studios/Mojang)
· Most Played New IP – Dragon’s Dogma (Capcom)
· Most Successful Paid to Free-to-Play Game – Star Wars: The Old Republic (BioWare/EA)
Highlights from the report include:
· In 2012, gamers spent the most time with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, beating out League of Legends, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, and World of Warcraft, all games that were released before the calendar year and have managed to sustain high levels of community engagement.
· Borderlands 2 saw 200% more total playtime than its closest competitor, Diablo III, in its first month of release.
· Portal 2 saw a 446% increase in daily playtime after releasing mod tools that allowed users to create their own levels.
· Star Wars: The Old Republic experienced a 136% increase in total playtime per day after switching from a subscription business model to free-to-play.
· Dragon’s Dogma won the category for most played new IP, edging out Dishonored and TERA.
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - May 1, 2017 - The Mist, Hellboy, Michael...
The Mist has an extra gory new trailer, Hellboy is getting an R-rated reboot, and legendary actor Michael Parks passed away.Posted by Bloody-Disgusting on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Here’s Exactly When You’ll Be Able to Play ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’
New ‘Halloween’ Film Gets Early Piece of Promo Art
These Are the NETFLIX Horror Films Streaming in June 2017
As Suspected, They’re Going to Remake ‘Resident Evil’
Watching David Lynch Get a Standing Ovation at Cannes Will Make Your Day