Electronic rock group The Birthday Massacre have made a post on their official Facebook asking fans to create their next official music video. Fans are asked to pick any song off of their latest release Hide And Seek (review). There are multiple tiers of prizes, including an opportunity to win $5,000 OR $4,000 and a two-person round trip to Toronto to meet and have dinner with the band. Read on below for the full post, which includes all the rules and entry information.
Check out The Birthday Massacre on our Top 10 Albums of 2012 here.
NOTE: This contest is not endorsed in any way by Bloody-Disgusting.
The Birthday Massacre would like to announce a contest to see who can come up with the “official” video for any song off of our new album Hide and Seek. Over the years our fans have done such a great job with all kinds of photos, drawings and videos that we decided that you know us well enough to be given a chance to do our next video. The contest opens January 9th and closes March 9th. The winner will be announced on or before April 10th!
The first prize winner has a choice of $5,000.00 or $4000.00 plus a round trip ticket for two for any North American winner to Toronto to meet and have dinner with The Birthday Massacre. If the winner lives outside of North America, then they will be given the prize of $5000.00. Second prize is an original drawing by Chibi signed by her and the rest of the band. Third prize is a complete signed catalog of The Birthday Massacre. Ten follow up prizes of a signed poster will be awarded as well.
Upload your video to your own channel and then notify us at Video2013@TheBirthdayMassacre.com so that we can link to your video from our site. Any objectionable content will result in a take down notice by us. We also discourage any derogatory comments about any of the videos. This is a contest not a war. In the interest of getting as many videos seen by as many people as possible, we will randomly be uploading submitted videos to the TBMOfficial channel on youtube. Have your friends look there as well for your video.
We are grateful to have such fantastic people who like what we do and one of the joys of touring is meeting you all. We share a lot of things outside of the mainstream and this is going to be another one! We don’t know of anyone else who has done this and we hope the idea catches on for other bands as well.
We will choose the finalists and the winners will be chosen by the views on youtube and the opinion of Metropolis and The Birthday Massacre. Once your video has been posted, let your friends know so that they can see your talent at work!
The rules and regulations are important so please read them. By submitting your video to our channel you are agreeing to the following. We have tried to be as reasonable as possible without incurring the wrath of multitudes of lawyers.
1. With the exception of the music you declare that your video is totally your work and does not contain, in whole or in part, any copyrighted work from any other source. You indemnify TBM and all of their employees from any and all actions arising out of your breach of this clause.
2. You hereby give Metropolis Records and The Birthday Massacre the right to exhibit, transmit or present your work in perpetuity by any visual medium now known or hereafter comes into being or to refrain therefrom. Should Metropolis and The Birthday Massacre choose to do any of the above, you will receive full on screen credit for your work. When you submit your for the contest you must also tell us how you wish to be credited.
3. The right to use our music in conjunction with your original video production is a one time non renewable time sensitive permission from us that expires on the closing date of the contest. At any time in the future we have the right to issue take down notices for any and all videos created by you or others either for this contest or otherwise.
4. Outside of the announced prizes, there is no other compensation that will be paid or distributed.
5. If you are the 1st prize winner, you agree that in return for the payment of the prize money, your video entry becomes the property of The Birthday Massacre with all the rights and privileges that normally accrue to the copyright holder. You further agree that upon payment of the prize money, your work becomes a “work made for hire” as that phrase is interpreted under the copyright law of the United States of America.
6. Closing date for submitting your video is Saturday March 9th. Closing date for online voting (views) is Sunday March 31st.