This spring 2013, Scream Factory further invites horror enthusiasts and movie collectors to feast their eyes on more gory goodness and spark their senses when Don Coscarelli’s Phantasm II Collector’s Edition unleashes on Blu-ray and DVD on March 5, 2013; and H.P. Lovecraft’s From Beyond Collector’s Edition – Unrated Director’s Cut Blu-ray + DVD combo pack hits home entertainment shelves everywhere on March 26, 2013.
Both movies debut for the first time on Blu-ray. Each collector’s edition feature anamorphic widescreen presentation, exciting bonus content, newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with theatrical key art and more!
And now we’ve got the list of special features for From Beyond! Head inside to check ’em out!
From Beyond Collector’s Edition – Unrated Director’s Cut:
Humans are such easy prey.
H.P. Lovecraft’s classic tale of suspense became “a grisly amalgam of sex, shock and satire” (Newsweek) in the hands of the creators of Re-Animator. And now, armed with shocking never-before-seen footage and special features and on Blu-ray for the first time, this “bloody good entertainment” (Time) has evolved into one of the most gruesomely riveting film experiences of all time!
The Resonator, a powerful machine that can control the sixth sense, has killed its creator and sent his associate into an insane asylum. But when a beautiful psychiatrist becomes determined to continue the experiment, she unwittingly opens the door to a hostile parallel universe… and to the deviant behavior within the human psyche. With its victims becoming creatures who feed on – and become aroused by – human brains, the Resonator is the ultimate man-made monster. And now something’s gone horribly wrong and no one can turn it off!
FROM BEYOND Collector’s Edition – Unrated Director’s Cut bonus content:
ALL-NEW SCREAM FACTORY EXTRAS:
– Audio Commentary with writer Denis Paoli
– MULTIPLE DIMENSIONS – A look at the film’s extensive Make-Up & Creature Effects with Special Effects Creators John Buechler, Anthony Doublin, John Naulin, and Mark Shostrom (20 mins)
– PAGING DR. MCMICHAELS – An interview with Actress Barbara Crampton (15 mins)
– A TORTURED SOUL – An interview with Actor Jeffrey Combs (15 mins)
– AN EMPIRE PRODUCTION – An interview with Executive Producer Charles Band (5 mins)
EXTRAS CARRIED OVER FROM THE MGM 2007 DVD RELEASE:
– Audio Commentary with director Stuart Gordon and the cast
– THE DIRECTOR’S PERSPECTIVE – interview with Stuart Gordon
– THE EDITING ROOM: LOST AND FOUND – Gordon Stuart and MGM restoration team interview
– Interview with composer Richard Band
– Storyboard to Film Comparisions with Introduction
– Two photo galleries
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - May 1, 2017 - The Mist, Hellboy, Michael...
The Mist has an extra gory new trailer, Hellboy is getting an R-rated reboot, and legendary actor Michael Parks passed away.Posted by Bloody-Disgusting on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Marvel Just Cast Tom Hardy as ‘VENOM’!
Netflix Series “The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance” Will Be a Prequel to the ’82 Classic!
Here’s Why We’ll Never See the Gruesome ‘Event Horizon’ Director’s Cut
New ‘Halloween’ Film Gets Early Piece of Promo Art
As Suspected, They’re Going to Remake ‘Resident Evil’