Lionsgate’s Texas Chainsaw 3D arrives on 3D/2D Blu-ray Disc (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), DVD (plus Digital Copy and Ultraviolet), Video on Demand and Pay-Per-View on May 14th from Lionsgate Home Entertainment. In addition, there will be an early digital window on April 30th.
The slasher was directed by John Luessenhop from a screenplay by Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan and Kirsten Elms. Dan Yeager, John Dugan, Bill Moseley, Alexandra Daddario, Sue Rock, Tania Raymonde, Scott Eastwood, Gunnar Hansen, Tobe Hooper, Paul Rae, Keram Malicki-Sánchez, Ritchie Montgomery, Trey Songz, Marilyn Burns, Shaun Sipos, Thom Barry and Richard Riehle star. It’s been rated “R” by the MPAA for “strong, grisly violence and language throughout.”
“Texas Chainsaw 3D picks up decades later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre seen in Tobe Hooper’s The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. In it, a young woman named Heather learns that she has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she never knew she had. After embarking on a road trip with friends to uncover her roots, she finds she is the sole owner of a lavish, isolated Victorian mansion. But her newfound wealth comes at a price as she stumbles upon a horror that awaits her in the mansion’s dank cellars.”
Head inside for the breakdown of special features. Interestingly enough, the commentary features Tobe Hooper and not director John Luessenhop. We’ll add box art once we get it in a decent size.
– Audio commentary with producer Carl Mazzocone and filmmaker Tobe Hooper
– Special “Chainsaw Alumni” audio commentary with stars Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
– “Texas Chainsaw Legacy” featurette – A look back at the history and 40 year legacy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series with filmmaker Tobe Hooper
– “Resurrecting The Saw” featurette – A look at the development of Texas Chainsaw with Director John Luessenhop, Producer Carl Mazzocone and Writers Adam Marcus, Debra Sullivan, Kirsten Elms and Stephen Susco
– “The Old Homestead” featurette – A detailed look at the re-creation of the shooting location from the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre with Production Designer William A. Elliott and cast members (and Chainsaw series alumni) Bill Moseley, Gunnar Hansen, Marilyn Burns and John Dugan
– “Casting Terror” featurette – Interviews with the cast including Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz, Tania Reynolds, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, Kyle Eastwood, Sean Sipos and others
– “Leatherface 2013” featurette – An interview with Leatherface actor Dan Yeager on his interpretation of this legendary role, along with a look at the creation of Leatherface’s costume, mask and signature chainsaw
– “Lights, Camera, Mayhem” featurette – A look at the film’s 3D photography with Director of Photography Anastas Michos along with a look at the creation of several sequences from the film
– “It’s in the Meat” featurette – An detailed look at the film’s grisly special make-up effects with Make-Up Effects Supervisor Robert Kurtzman, and Make-Up Artists Alex Diaz and Mike McCarty
– On-Set Short Subjects: Five Minute Massacres
–Burning Down The House
–Trapped in the Van
–Leatherface In Action
–Hot Times In Louisiana
–Bloody Good Times
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - October 9, 2017 - Cynthia, Halloween, As...
Bill Moseley and Sid Haig reunite for a new project, we’ve got an update on the new Halloween movie, and Bruce Campbell is making us very excited about Ash Vs Evil Dead season three!
More in Home Video
The new InterVision DVD of Beyond the 7th Door is currently $11.99 on Amazon....
The stakes are higher than ever in the intense action-adventure Death Race: Beyond Anarchy, arriving Unrated...
A few months back I was chatting with a friend about Italian cinema. We...
Taking place years before the events of both Texas Chainsaw 3D and the original Texas Chain Saw...