In an interview with The Gauntlet, Wayne Static has announced that Static-X is officially over once again. The group had reformed last year for the “Noise Revolution Tour” after the band’s hiatus in 2009 but the tour was cut short due to Static developing a hernia that required medical procedures.
Static explains, “I ended up developing this really bad hernia throughout the tour. And it kept getting worse and worse. It was from touring. I’m getting older and I guess I was pushing myself too hard; we were doing six shows in a row and all that kind of thing. I had a hernia belt on and I was shoving crap in there, trying to keep my guts from pushing out on stage. It was just getting worse and worse and worse, and it just got to the point where I couldn’t do it anymore, so I had to cancel the tour. And then I asked Tony if we could take a break on the deal. Obviously, if I’m not working, how am I supposed to pay him? I don’t shit money; I am not made out of money. So he pretty much told me to fuck off. He’s, like, ‘Boohoohoo, you have a hernia. Sorry. Give me my money.’ I told him, ‘Dude, give me a few months off to recuperate, and then we’ll start up the deal again.’ ‘Cause I wanted to keep touring. But he wouldn’t do it. Apparently, he was really pissed off because I said in some interviews that Static-X were never, like, all gret buddies and friends and all that kind of stuff, and we never hung out. So he told me, like, ‘Since you said we’re not friends, then why should I help you out?’ I’m, like, ‘Who gives a fuck? It’s business, dude.’ And that’s the truth — we weren’t friends; we never hung out. And there’s nothing wrong with that; there’s a lot of bands like that.”
He continues, “So that’s pretty much the end of it. Tony wouldn’t give me the break. I had to go have my surgery and take my time off, and he wouldn’t give me the break, so the deal lapsed, the deal’s done, Static-X is done. The end. No more Static-X.”
The full interview can be seen here.
BD Mobile App
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - June 26, 2017 - The Evil Within 2, Jason...
The Evil Within 2 was shown at E3, Victor Miller is trying to get the rights back to Jason Voorhees, and Saw: Legacy has an official title! It's This Week in Horror with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Monday, June 26, 2017
R.L. Stine Talks ‘Goosebumps’ Book That Originally Went Too Far
Watching ‘Jaws’ On the Water is This Summer’s Coolest Experience
‘IT’: Don’t Expect to See Stephen King’s Controversial Sex Scene
Developer Previews Single Player Mode for ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’
Read Stephen King’s 1982 Review that Saved ‘The Evil Dead’