One of the worst things that happens is when you become hooked to a show and it gets canceled.
It’s no secret that the Bryan Fuller-produced NBC series “Hannibal” is crazy expensive, and the ratings aren’t tremendous by any means. This has me insanely nervous that Season 2 will be the end of Will Graham’s bizarre journey. The show is awesome.
As grim as it looks here in the States, we don’t know what other deals NBC has in place internationally, which could change the course of the series’ future. Thankfully, it sounds like there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
Bryan Fuller has revealed to Digital Spy that he is “very confident” that Hannibal will be renewed for a third season.
“I hear very positive things,” Fuller told the site. “All of the creatives at NBC are so supportive of the show and want it back, and the schedules and salespeople are like, ‘It’s a new show, get rid of it’. We are banking on the creative people winning out over the salespeople.
“The ratings are not anything to jump up and down about, but the critical acclaim is great, and we’re sort of a prestige project for the network, so we’re hoping that’s enough, like it was last year. There have been indications that it will be.“
Fuller also revealed that he and his co-producers have considered alternative options for producing the third season, should NBC fail to renew the show.
“The confidence hasn’t stopped us from seeking out backup plans that would get us a third season one way or another. There are many more options than there have been in the past. So I feel very confident about a season three.
“We end season two in such a strange way – boy, I would be pissed [if that were the end]! We don’t quite land the plane, we leave the plane in the air.“
Says the site, NBC will announce its 2014-2015 slate and any cancellations at the New York upfronts on May 12.
I think this sums it up…
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - June 26, 2017 - The Evil Within 2, Jason...
The Evil Within 2 was shown at E3, Victor Miller is trying to get the rights back to Jason Voorhees, and Saw: Legacy has an official title! It's This Week in Horror with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Monday, June 26, 2017
George A. Romero Has Passed Away at the Age of 77
“The Dark Tower” TV Series Will Be Origin Story With Idris Elba
[Trailer] Guillermo del Toro’s ‘The Shape of Water’ Takes the Creature Out of the Lagoon
Andy Muschietti Talks Holding Nothing Back for “R”-rated ‘IT’
Tobe Hooper Pretended to Direct ‘Poltergeist’ for Steven Spielberg!