The network has dubbed it the #Leprethon. And we’re watching all day.
Most horror fans never mention the Leprechaun films 364 days out of the year, but that all changes on St. Patrick’s Day. Suddenly, the Warwick Davis-starring franchise becomes the hottest topic of discussion in the community, with fans whipping up lists ranking the films and sharing all sorts of fun images, GIFs, and memes. It’s kind of great. Today is your day, Warwick.
How is Syfy celebrating St. Patrick’s Day? With a marathon of the entire franchise, of course! All day and night on Syfy, you’ll find Warwick Davis hamming it up, cracking wise, and laying the smack down, and we can’t think of a better way to celebrate the day. After all, these films may not be great, but goddamn does Davis make them fun to watch. Especially when you’re drunk.
Check out the full #Leprethon schedule below!
And no, it doesn’t include Leprechaun: Origins. We don’t talk about that movie.
- Leprechaun (1993): Daniel O’Grady captures the Leprechaun while in Ireland, takes his gold and smuggles it back to his home in North Dakota, unaware the Leprechaun has followed him. Confronting O’Grady and demanding his gold the Leprechaun is injured by O’Grady and sealed in a crate with a four-leaf clover, though before O’Grady can kill the creature he suffers a stroke. Ten years later the Leprechaun is accidentally released by Tory Redding and her new friends, and goes on a killing spree in search of his gold, which Alex Murphy and Ozzie had discovered.
- Leprechaun 2 (1994): The Leprechaun seeks out a new bride in modern-day Los Angeles, one thousand years after an earlier attempt to claim a bride was foiled. Claiming a fussy teenage girl named Bridget, the descendant of his original choice of a wife, the Leprechaun holds her captive in his lair and terrorizes her boyfriend Cody, who had taken one of his gold coins.
- Leprechaun 3 (1995): Begins with the Leprechaun, having been changed into a statue by a magical medallion, being sold to a Las Vegas pawn shop. Assuming his original form when the clerk removes the medallion, the Leprechaun kills him and goes on a rampage through Las Vegas in search of one of his wish granting coins, which is passed from hand to hand.
- Leprechaun 4: In Space (1997): The Leprechaun abducts and begin courting snobbish alien princess Zarina, seducing her with promises of wealth. After being blown up by a group of marines who rescue Zarina, the Leprechaun is reborn on the marines’ ship via exploding out of the groin of one of an unfortunate man, Kowalski. He then goes off in search of his stolen bride and gold, killing all those who get in his way.
- Leprechaun in the Hood (2000): The Leprechaun is turned to stone once more, this time by pimp Mack Daddy O’Nassas (Ice-T), who uses the Leprechaun’s mind-controlling magic flute to become a successful music producer. Years later, the Leprechaun is unknowingly changed back to flesh and blood by a trio of wannabe rappers led by Postmaster P. who rob Mack Daddy, taking the Leprechaun’s gold and the flute from him with the intent of using the objects to become successful.
- Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood (2003): Begins with the Leprechaun stalking Father Jacob and trying to get his gold back, only to be dragged into the ground by demonic hands when the priest uses four-leaf clover laced holy water against him before dying from a heart attack. One year later the Leprechaun’s gold is discovered by eighteen-year-old Emily Woodrow and her friends, who use the gold to fulfill their wildest fantasies, unintentionally releasing the Leprechaun, who goes after Emily and the others to get his gold back, killing everyone who gets in his way.
BD Mobile App
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - June 12, 2017 - Starship Troopers, Godzi...
An animated Starship Troopers movie is coming to theaters, Godzilla vs. King Kong has its director, and more details emerge about Jeepers Creepers 3. It's This Week in Horror with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody-Disgusting on Monday, June 12, 2017
R.I.P. Henry Deutschendorf, Oscar from ‘Ghostbusters II’
So How About That ’47 Meters Down’ Ending? Director Explains
Lionsgate Confirms ‘Saw’ Sequel Title: JIGSAW!
Slasher Game ‘Dead by Daylight’ Hit Consoles Today; Play as Michael Myers Soon!
Adaptation of Stephen King’s ‘IT’ Receives Delicious “R”-rating!