Takashi Miike, who is known for his over the top horror/yakuza films, has made a few main stream films- one being the horror film One Missed Call (review), which is being remade here in the States. Read on for the theatrical release dates in your area! When Yumi’s friend meets a gruesome and mysterious death three days after receiving a phone call on her mobile phone that was dated from the future, Yumi finds herself destined to meet the same doom. As her friends one-by-one meet the same grisly end, Yumi takes it upon herself to figure out the puzzle before her, in hopes that she can solve it before her phone rings as well.
Media Blasters has given Fangoria the theatrical and festival release schedule for Takashi Miike’s supernatural chiller ONE MISSED CALL. More dates may be added, but here’s how the slate stands right now:
• April 1: Hawaii International Film Festival, Honolulu, HI
• April 7: Philadelphia International Film Festival, Philadelphia, PA
• April 12: Jacob Burns Film Center, Pleasantville, NY
• April 16-17: Florida Film Festival, Maitland, FL
• April 22 (begins two/three-week run): Cinema Village, New York, NY
• April 22 (begins one-week run): 4 Star Movie Theatre, San Francisco, CA
• April 29 (begins one-week run): Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, Austin, TX
• May 6 (begins two/three-week run): Laemmle Fairfax 3, Los Angeles, CA
• May 13 (begins one-week run): Facets Cinematheque, Chicago, IL
CALL is Miike’s take on the popular Asian ghost-movie trend, focusing on a young woman and her friends who begin to receive mysterious cell phone messages that foretell their own deaths.