Discover the New Blood of Horror and honor the Masters from October 14 -23rd, 2005 at Loews Universal Studios Cinemas, Universal CityWalk as this year’s Screamfest LA paints the town red. Today most of this year’s film line-up has been released- and it looks fantastic! Read on and see what you’ll be watching for the first time here in the States…
Order your tickets now or I’m gonna kick your ass!
Fangoria received the following preview:
• Tim Sullivan’s 2001 MANIACS (review), the H.G. Lewis homage starring Robert Englund and Lin Shaye.
• David Payne’s festival favorite REEKER (review), about college kids stalked by a supernatural entity in the desert. Devon Gummersall, Derek (HOSTEL) Richardson, Tina Illman, Michael (SCANNERS) Ironside and Eric (RESIDENT EVIL) Mabius star.
• Asia’s cross-cultural trilogy THREE… EXTREMES, which features horrific segments helmed by masterful moviemakers Fruit Chan, Park Chan-wook and Takashi Miike.
• Fango scribe Anthony C. Ferrante’s BOO (review), about a haunted hospital. Dee Wallace Stone appears as a heroic nurse.
• Philip Adrian Booth’s DEATH TUNNEL (review), another haunted-hospital movie that, coincidentally, shares a BOO star, actor Jilon Ghai.
• Dan Mintz’s COOKERS, about meth makers flipping out while holed up in a creepy house.
• Yam Laranas’ SIGAW (review), a atmospheric ghost story from the Philippines.
• Ahn (PHONE) Byeong-ki’s BUNSHINSABA, a haunted-Ouija-board movie from South Korea.
• Kelsey T. Howard’s CRUEL WORLD, a slasher film in a reality TV-show setting, starring Edward (TERMINATOR 2) Furlong, Jaime Pressly, Susan (THE IN CROWD) Ward and Andrew (TEENAGE CAVEMAN) Keegan.
• Tanit Jitnukul’s ART OF THE DEVIL from Thailand, about a mysterious and bizarre murder of a millionaire’s entire family that grips the nation.
• Daniel Stieglitz’s HAPPY END, a supernatural tale from Germany about a young writer spooked by the ghost of a little girl in an old suburban house.
• Carl Bessai’s SEVERED, a zombie movie about loggers and environmentalists fending off ravenous ghouls in a forest.
• David Lee Fisher’s reimagining of the silent classic THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI, in which new actors on a greenscreen stage were composited or overlaid onto scanned images taken from the old German film.
• Special showing of the unrated DVD version of George A. Romero’s LAND OF THE DEAD (review #1, #2).
• Sean Cunningham-hosted 25th-anniversary bash for FRIDAY THE 13TH, including a screening and celebrity-packed party to tie-in with the book launch of author Peter Bracke’s CRYSTAL LAKE MEMORIES: THE COMPLETE HISTORY OF FRIDAY THE 13TH. FRIDAY guests will include Joseph Zito, Erin Gray, Harry Manfredini, Adam Marcus, Heidi Kozak, Kimberly Beck, Vincent Guastaferro, Rob Hedden, John LeMay, Amy Steel and many others.
• “How Your Short Can Launch Your Career” panel, highlighting such success stories as SAW, EL CICLO, SAM’S LAKE, THE SITTER and many more.
• “Using SAG Professional Actors in Your Low Budget or No Budget Films” Panel
• “Distributors–What They Look For” Panel
For complete ScreamFest ticket info, call (310) 358-3273 or visit Screamfest LA