General Draft Discussion Thread

Comments

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    But wouldn't you have to draft up to 6 movies at once to prove the Kevin Bacon in Footloose connection? :p

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    edited February 2018
    That would be called Bacon Zero.
  • nancenance maryland
    y'all can't think of ten things about the sixties that you liked? i mean, i plucked the sixties arbitrarily cuz i had like star trek and hammer and civil rights and comics and the dallas cowboys on my mind; it could be any decade. my point was simply that it could be fun to get out of our media boxes and select from a broader pool of "things."
    edited February 2018
    Yea but the 60s suck. :tongue:

I'm down for any kind of draft really. I don't mind doing something different.
  • nancenance maryland
    dude, the sixties are awesome. you love many things about the sixties. my picks would be:
    1. martin luther king's "I have a dream" speech.
    2. bewitched
    3. the dallas cowboys
    4. amazing fantasy #15
    5. jane goodall
    6. star trek
    7. night of the living dead
    8. the parent trap
    9. speed racer
    10. pot
    @nance "i plucked the sixties arbitrarily cuz i had like star trek and hammer and civil rights and comics"
    I think you're mixing up your decades.
    giphy.gif

I like 3 things off your list.
    @Mayday now we are talking!
  • nancenance maryland
    @Mayday i laughed out loud. that's hilarious.
  • nancenance maryland
    @Mayday i laughed out loud. that's hilarious.

and i think i like john coltrane more than speed racer...
  • River dancing before it was cool?

It was the cow...

• SONGDRAFTPLEASE
    Song draft is usually in the summer.
    If we do a movie draft, I'd like to see a rec draft. None of the vanilla shit that ruins AGD drafts, and not the same restrictions and obscurity of a cult draft.

• Song drafts are the fastest and easiest to do. I don't see why we couldn't have more than one each year.
  • I'd be up for co-running a cult draft. Since I don't think we'd have anyone who'd pull an Iggy, we could loosen the restrictions. Maybe movies with less than a 200,000 rating on IMDB. That way, some people can still go obscure while others can go with more well known but still overlooked gems.
  • We could do a half and half thing too, where 5 movies can be under 200,000 votes but the other 5 have to be under 100,000.
  • But the movie drafts each have their own unique spin: The Horror Draft, The All Genre Draft, the Cult Draft, the Character Draft, etc. It seems silly to just do a regular song draft when there would just be another one 4 or 5 months down the road.
  • How many of you would be interested in a “Flash Draft”??? It’s essentially a fast-paced, themed, mini draft to squeeze in between the character/cult drafts.

If you’ve been around D-B for a while then you know that the drafts run pretty much like clockwork . . .

Character Draft – Early January

Cult Draft – early February

All-Genre Draft – early April

Song Draft – early July

TV Draft – early August

Horror Draft – mid-September

It’s been a while since our last film draft and I know there are some folks who are anxious to get one under way. Puf thinks March is good for the start and shouldn’t put us too far off schedule. Since we’ve had some interest in a song draft as well as something themed, I’ve come up with an idea that I think will be fun.

I thought that nancy’s idea of a ‘60’s themed draft was very interesting. Maybe we could come up with some more ideas then work out the details and perhaps run something later in the year. There is a sizable gap between the horror/character drafts. I know this is also Thanksgiving/Christmas/Yew Year and busy enough as it is, but we can maybe do something quick and easy.
  • less than 10 picks?

How about comedy movies?

It was the cow...

• How about rebellion against order. Order is almost never productive.

Gwally, If a horror or song draft were to take place right now... I'd think so many enslaved unicorns would run around.

Examine your thoughts carefully.

~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~