General Draft Discussion Thread

Comments

• =)
    I already have the details worked out and will announce it in the morning.
  • @humancentipede that’s the basic idea. Something that’s fun, but doesn’t require the commitment of watching full length movies.
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    What about a scene draft? You draft a single shot scene from a movie or TV show. Spoilers could be a possible issue but most scene's would be 5-10 mins or so. Just a thought.
  • @TexasSnacks That’s a great idea! An all shorts draft would work too.

I’m compiling a list so please keep the ideas coming.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    @humancentipede All my song drafts include, if they're not made up entirely of, soundtrack music.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• I'll do almost any kind of draft. Still prefer a song draft though and will help run it if you need it when the time comes.
  • I hope I didn't kill interest in the final round of voting with talk of a quick draft.

I had hoped that if there was interest we could get it started at the conclusion of the character draft, but due to low voting, I'm going to hold off on any formal announcement until this draft has been put to sleep.
    I hadn't voted yet because I was mourning my loss...

200.gif
  • It's alright Tex. Pull yerself up by yer bootstraps and get ready for the next one!

I didn't vote until this morning.
  • @humancentipede Ideas for the Flash Draft? I had the details worked out before I mentioned it. We just need someone to break the tie in the character draft.
  • Yes. All the details have been worked out including the topic. If you vote in the final we can get it rolling.
  • Cult Draft signs-up will start in about a week.
  • nancenance maryland
    love me some cult drafts!
  • Had an idea for a music flash draft when we next do one:

Covers only, and you post the original, but get judged on a cover of the same song

And people can pick the same original, but no one can pick the same cover

Now of course in the 70s and before, many artists did the same song, but it might be known as an "Elvis Presley song", in which case, really any 70s version or earlier can be used as the original, but if should be the most well known version, of course there could still be some dispute, but using the true, if not literal "original" may be in disagreement, so again, any early version would do

Thoughts?

It was the cow...

• gwallygwally Snowhio
    edited March 2018
    That was pretty much the theme of my last song draft. I even posted links to the original. I like the idea.

EDIT: Maybe I only posted the original artist/date.
    Cult draft!!!!
  • Blast HarderBlast Harder has the madness....the B-movie Madness!!
    edited March 2018
    I came back for the cult draft. I could hear it calling my name....

...actually Puf told me about it.
    Blast's Cult Draft list 2018

Death Wish V
    Toxie III
    The Party Animal
    Warlock 2
    7th Voyage of Sinbad
    Cat in the Brain
    Freaked
    Cut and Run
    Silent Rage
    Return of the Killer Tomatoes
  • Sign-ups for the AGD will go up sometime in early May. I know draft participation has dwindled over the last couple years, so I'm currently trying to convince a friend of mine to join. She's really cool and already sounds psyched about the song draft later this summer. My little brother will also be taking part this time around. While he can't officially join the site, he still wants to come up with a list so I'm going to post it for him. Just think, we all might get our asses kicked by a 9 year old. =)
    Aright when and what kind of draft are we looking at next mofo's?
  • "Sign-ups for the AGD will go up sometime in early May."