2018 BD Character Draft: Discussion Thread

Comments

• Sorry gang, I've been out playing in the snow. I'm sleeping in a quinzee tonight!!

Picks will be in momentarily.
  • FlaggFlagg Michigan
    edited January 2018
    @ Puf I would be surprised if they don't have a proper Evil Ash in the works, the series has done an amazing job of catering to us original fans while at the same time creating a fresh storyline that the newbies can get into. I can't think of a single episode that hasn't had at least one easter egg for the old school. Hell, now that I'm thinking about it Ash's cameo at the end of the remake means they could easily bring Mia into the series if they want to.

"Little old lady got mutilated late last night" [Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London, 1978]

• I will update the draft pick in the AM.

It was originally stated that first round voting would begin approx. one week after the end of the draft picks. I think that's a little unreasonable. I'm open to suggestions.

@Mr. Awesome It's similar to an igloo.
  • Chop Top was a real strong contender for the last few rounds. Great pick.

I'll post up in a few. At work so I'll edit in some pictures when I get home.
  • I thought a quinzee was that creature Luke Skywalker slept inside the guts of to stay warm.
  • @Midnight-Kroovy You're thinking of a Tauntaun. Not even close.

It's a quinzee.

Quin-zee

QUINZEE

8f9jivq6gawh.jpg

BTW, excellent pick with Steve Hanson!
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Final pick is in!
  • FlaggFlagg Michigan
    Pick is in.

"Little old lady got mutilated late last night" [Warren Zevon, Werewolves of London, 1978]

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    @gwally You slept in Jack Klugman?!?!
    And you picked yourself from CCBB?

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    This was fun! Thank you @gwally on running a fantastic draft at our new place. <3

Everyone has great lists. Got to see some old favorites picked and some new characters that look very interesting.

Hope everyone is having a great afternoon. : )
  • @Wonderlust Thank you for the kind words. :3 Thanks also to @TexasSnacks for agreeing to help keep me in line--I may put you to work yet! I agree, it was a fun draft!! Thanks to ALL for your patience and kindness towards one another to make this one of the easiest I've ever participated in.

Now, I was thinking that a week was a little ambitious for the start of the match-ups. What do you guys think??

@Mayday Wasn't easy. After all, he's been dead five years. I used to watch Quincy with my grandmother, Great memories! And there's no rule against drafting yourself. :p
    giphy.gif
    edited January 2018
    Really fun and smooth draft. Some great picks.

I think we could start by the 1st of February? I don't have that many picks to watch but some may have a bunch.
  • @gwally
    Personally, the weekends are really the only good time to watch tv/movies. I would like to at least familiarize myself with an equal amount of characters from each list so I can cast a somewhat fair vote. The Fiancee is working all weekend so I may have plenty of time.
  • Sorry for being MIA lately.

First Round match-ups will be posted a week from tomorrow.
  • I should be watching a couple of picks over the weekend. There's been some good recs.
  • Same. Watching Underworld this evening.
  • Of the 4 discs my Blu Ray Rental company has sent me non have been the picks I put on High Priority. And that's why the service is dying.

I'll find other means to watch some picks.
This discussion has been closed.