B-D WINTER FLASH DRAFT: Soundtrack Themed EP Song Draft -- Discussion Thread

gwallygwally Snowhio
edited March 2018 in Forum Games
B-D WINTER FLASH DRAFT
Soundtrack Themed EP Song Draft

The idea behind the “flash draft” is to get a quick, short draft in before the next big film draft. If this draft works out and you guys think it’s something you’d like to do again, post your ideas and we’ll vote on the next one.

The Rules:

--Sign-ups will be open until Sunday, February 18 @ 11:00PM EST. If you would like to participate, send me a PM and I will add you to the list. There will be no add-ons once the first round has been completed.
--You must have participated in a previous B-D draft. PM me if you’d care to discuss this.
--We will be utilizing a snake draft that goes from top to bottom, bottom to top, etc. with the people at each end drafting twice.
--Players will draft six movie soundtrack titles.
--Participants will have 10 hours to make their selections.
--If a participant misses a draft pick they may make the pick up at the end of the draft.
--A second missed pick will result in automatic removal.
--Leave your picks with someone if you know you won’t be available to post.
--First Round match-ups will be posted once all picks have been made and will remain open for 48 hours. Length of voting time will be adjusted accordingly for additional matches. PLEASE VOTE.
--Drafting will start Monday, February 19 @ 12:00PM EST.
--Please try to provide a link to your pick so that others may have an opportunity to listen to your pick and vote.
--Songs may be from any film (major, indie or otherwise), as long as there is credit or onscreen performance. Occasionally, popular music and other songs from a film may not be included in the OST. In this case, you may need to provide addition information to accompany your pick.

Please post your picks using the following format: SONG TITLE – ARTIST—FILM TITLE (YEAR)

Example:
Man with the Golden Gun – Alice Cooper – The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)
https://youtube.com/watch?v=R500VKA9-Zo

@humancentipede Congrats for the uncanny way in which you correctly suggested the draft theme. =)

Comments

• It's single songs from a movie, not a whole soundtrack albums?

It was the cow...

• Single songs. Title, end credits, in-betweens and extras. Doesn't matter.
    I'd like to do a whole soundtrack LP, but that's a full-length draft for another time.
  • Better format:
    Man with the Golden Gun – Alice Cooper – The Man with the Golden Gun (1974)

Maybe not for the picks because I wouldn't expect everyone to do it. I would recommend at least updating the list that way.
  • Does it have to be from a movie? Can TV themes be picked too?
  • Movies only. My first thought was TV theme songs. I also thought of mixing the two, but in the end I wanted a more limited topic and as humancentipede suggeted, it puts us in a film frame of mind going into the next draft. I think the structure calls for a narrow topic making it a little more challenging. TV themes only would have been even better, but I figured movies songs would get better participation for a trial.

Thanks also for the format tip. I’ll use that for the master list.
  • Definitely will watch over this, looks like my kind of fun.

Pity I didn't participate previously, I would enjoy this. Well, sometimes as much fun to watch/listen.
  • I'll do it

@humancentipede Gwally will rule, but I would think as long as it's used in a movie, maybe even if it's not on the soundtrack album. I mean, Trainspotting had two soundtrack albums, and both of those were released sometime after the movie came out, and a great many songs existed for years or decades before being used in movies

It was the cow...

• Here's an example that should be safe to use

The song Purple People Eater came out in 1958, a movie based on the song was made in 1988, that should be a valid pick

It was the cow...

• @humancentipede Yes. There are thousands of songs which were previously recorded that may end up on a soundtrack. There are just as many that are performed in a movie (in part or in whole), that are not included on the original soundtrack. All are fair game.

My Alice Cooper example at the top of the page could not be used because it was never included in the film.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    So any song used in a film can be used? Correct?
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Can you pick two songs from one film?
    @humancentipede Thanks for your help!
  • I'm interested..
  • Please read through the rules as there have been a couple of changes from our typical drafts.

So far there are only five of us:

humancentipede
    H.P. Pufncraft
    Mr. Mirage
    Wonderlust
    gwally

Draft order will be posted this evening.
  • I’ll join

It was the cow...

• You mean six of us. You left me out. :'(
  • Sorry, Mr. Awesome. You were the first to sign up. Not sure why you didn't get put on the list.

Willowfang? I've checked my inbox twice and there's no PM from him.
  • Drafting Order:

humancentipede
    Mr. Mirage
    gwally
    Mr. Awesome
    Orville Ketchum
    TexasSnacks
    Willowfang
    H.P. Pufncraft
    Wonderlust
  • Sorry, didn't see where it said PM

It was the cow...