Off-Topic Thread March 2018: March Madness Edition

Comments

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    @Puf I had an experience like that once. My friend's girlfriend had him invite me along to dinner with them and her super cute female friend. Throughout the night, I had the charm flowing and we had a bunch in common, and I thought things went really well. The next day when I saw my friend, first thing he said to me was "Boy, I was afraid you were going to ask her out." So I played it off as nothing and said "No, I just thought she was really cool." to which he replied "Oh, OK good. Because..." and then he said something about "her girlfriend" and I just zoned out after that. All that went through my mind was, great, I meet this cute girl, things seem to be going great, and turns out, she's gay. :angry:

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• I'm just going to look on the bright side, I have a new friend to chat about movies with.
    ^That's the spirit!

And OMFG I'm starting to feel like I'm in the Black Mirror episode "Nosedive" - the one where Bryce Dallas Howard is in the world where everybody "likes" or "dislikes" every thing you do or say. I'm in a horror reading group on Goodreads, and some guy asked to be 'friended', and I did because, whatever. But he keeps liking every update I make - if I read/rated a book, posted a comment on the group's board, even when I added a book to my "want to read" list. Holy fuck......

• Yeah she and I are texting right now. I just convinced her to check out the Evil Dead movies, so that's my good deed for the day.

That also sounds like the MeowMeowBeenz episode of Community.
    LOL forgot about MeowMeowBeenz.

• nancenance maryland
    puf, lesbians are awesome, and have been instrumental in man of my romantic escapades. be friends, talk about movies, learn about women, figure things out! this is great!
  • That a boy. Old Puff would have sulked around the boards over one defeat. You’re already moving onward and upward.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • edited March 2018
    Dude, having a girl I could talk movies with is like one of my life goals. No matter their taste. Love the random moments where I find out my roommates (late 20's girly girls) have seen shit like Miami Vice and The Shining.

@Geek I'm the prep guy and dish boy, and I have my food safe certificate so

@Puf to expand on what Nancy said, the best way to meet girls is to know girls.

Edit

More specifically, be friends with them.
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    Did you just accuse me of victim blaming?

I feel so attacked.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    edited March 2018
    Puf literally making what sounds like a cool ass friend and he's complaining he can't fuck her.

Give ME her number ffs.

Also don't tell her you gave me her number. She'll figure it out Hider in the House style.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Blast HarderBlast Harder has the madness....the B-movie Madness!!
    giphy.gif
    BaWOU0.gif
    Blast's Cult Draft list 2018

Death Wish V
    Toxie III
    The Party Animal
    Warlock 2
    7th Voyage of Sinbad
    Cat in the Brain
    Freaked
    Cut and Run
    Silent Rage
    Return of the Killer Tomatoes

• So I'm a dumbass.

The girl at work isn't a lesbian....she's Bi.

We were texting tonight and then this happened.

Her: This is a really awkward question, but are you seeing anyone right now?

Me: No I'm single right now. Why do you ask?

Her: Because I think you're really attractive.

Oh shit. So yeah I'm a dumbass....but a dumbass who's now got a date.
  • nancenance maryland
    sweet!
  • 2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • Great picture, you should frame it!
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    ^You both do!

@H.P. Pufncraft Congrats! I had to laugh when I read your post. I was laughing and wondering how many cues or hints you missed -- or got, but didn't bite on given your assumption regarding the situation. I found it humorous because I have never been able to read between the lines or recognise subtle hints--or obvious ones for that matter!
  • @gwally , I definitely missed a couple. Now I know why she said we should go out to the movies sometime. I'm also looking back at our previous conversations where she was clearly flirting with me and I was too stupid to realize it.

She's a shy girl (in her own words) and wants us to get to know one another better before our first official date but I'm fine taking things slow.
This discussion has been closed.